New Project (post-jazz piano trio...)

kriista

• Members

So I've put the guitar (and drums) down for this project and am playing piano/keyboards. It's a trio of piano, electric (fretless) bass, and drums.

Sort of post-jazz meets math-rock meets contemporary classical meets electronics (not on the demo yet).

Just put up the webpage yesterday though the group's been going since about last summer.

Might be up some people's alleys.

http://www.agreaterhorror.com

• Members

First - awesome piano skills K
2nd - promising music! keep us posted (too bad UK is quite far where I live.)

I've always had an eye out for trios that had no guitarist. The combination of drums + piano tends to present itself as a pleasant surprise more often than not.

All the best this year!

• Members

:love: Lovely man. I really enjoyed that.

And not in a "hey, it was pretty {censored}ty but I'll throw down the obligatory comment in the thread" way either. I'd love to play in something like this behind a kit. Gahh.

Keep recording! I want more tunes!!

• Members

Thanks for the kind words.

We've got some real gnarly tunes that we need to record too. These were the two that were easiest to record for this festival application we needed done crunch-time style. It is fun to explore that group type, particularly since none of us are purists when it comes to improv or jazz. Like a "piano trio" is a done done done thing. But not often loud/mathy/superquiet/noisey.

The bass player is a wicked ass composer too (contemporary classical) and he's starting to bring some of that {censored} to the writing too, which kicks it up a whole other notch too.

Archived