OT: How Much Do You Make...

Aristotle

• Members

I don't get paid from either band I'm in.

We put all money earned right back into the band. Paying for recording time, advertising, more gear, etc.

I would sometimes like to take home some cash, but it's really nice to not have to pay for anything for the band.

• Members

TELL ME HOW.

We've made I think a little over $100 in downloads since our album was released last June.

Well i play the occasional winery/function gig in a 3 piece (that's at least 100 bucks) and my band plays music you can danceeee toooo so we get gigs at venues where this is no cover charge and people flood in on the friday and saturday nights and we get some $munni$ off that. I play maybe 6-10 gigs a month?

• Members

Well i play the occasional winery/function gig in a 3 piece (that's at least 100 bucks) and my band plays music you can danceeee toooo so we get gigs at venues where this is no cover charge and people flood in on the friday and saturday nights and we get some $munni$ off that. I play maybe 6-10 gigs a month?

OHHH gigs! Well then, yeah. That makes sense.

I'll bring in about $200/month if we're playing alot. We haven't been lately, but Christmas we had a few shows that paid nicely. Should be playing some more in March after I come back from vacay.

• Members

OHHH gigs! Well then, yeah. That makes sense.

I'll bring in about $200/month if we're playing alot. We haven't been lately, but Christmas we had a few shows that paid nicely. Should be playing some more in March after I come back from vacay.

Yeah, it's a hard way to make money, that's for sure. The amount of time and effort that goes into most gigs is not at all reflected in the wage that i earn, especially when the sweet music is earning a lot of these bars we play at serious bread. We were doing a residency at the busiest venue on one of the most reputable live areas in Melbourne for 5 months, charging 4 bucks a head. The venue took 2 dollars, and we had to pay the support band and the sound guy. In February we were getting 100+ people in every night we played, and they were there untill 1am at least, drinking like lil fishies, and we made probably 20 bucks each.

The owner of that pub drives a {censored}ing Porshe!

Archived