Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Jaguar dudes.

Kinda gassing for a shortscale. I know a bunch of you guys have played both, wondering what eveyones thoughts are on the 62 AVRI vs the Classic Player.

Is the 62 worth the extra coin?

I have a CP Jag and it's awesome. It's better than all of the MIJ Jags that I've played.

I have not played an AVRI, so I can't speak to that comparison, but I think the CP Jag is a great instrument and well worth the money.

I got mine for like $550 which was a steal as far as I'm concerned.
    If we heard mortar shells,we'd cuss more in our songs,and cut down on guitar solos. Good transactions with: thewizardsofhop, moon shadow, blanknotice, stacco, grayeyes777, Frankenstrat86, Crxsh, Blurillaz, gtrwiz, H.P. Lovecraft, Sovtek50, gorebuc, Stevenglass, Spectermagic, fever606, anibawl, Gaetano Paul, iamthearm, Aaron SS, starmansam, J Werner

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the CP line. Some nice quality guitars.
      part-time printmaker, full-time superhero || joneallen.com | kickstarter project

Comment

avri has 7.25" fretboard radius and cp has 9.5"

You don't understand my words, but you must choose.

Comment

I have an AVRI....one big thing to me is the bridge....I don't like the tune o matic style bridges on the CPs.....I prefer the vintage shoe bridge. And the radius on the AVRI is more curved (7.25)....so you have to get used to that.

But I love my AVRI.....amazing guitar....but if you don't mind the bridge and prefer a 9.5 radius, go with the CP
          Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

Comment

My tele is 7.25", and I love it.

Comment

what do you mean, "shoe style"

Comment

The best thing you can do is play them - as the pickups and bridge systems are very different, as are the necks.

Both are great guitars but both are supremely idiosyncratic, as they're Jaguars. You'll love it or hate it.
                MadeByMike.co.uk - Handmade Pedals and Custom Builds
                Like MBM Pedals on Facebook - - - Follow us on Twitter
                My Demo Videos - Guitars: Fender, Epiphone || Amps: Marshall/Orange || Pedals: Boss, Danelectro, EHX, Line 6, Marshall, Proco

Comment

Yeah, I have played a CP...though it was a while ago. Never seen an AVRI in a shop though

Comment

Did you get the tele?

Comment

Did you get the tele?

No. They wouldn't budge on the price, and there was some significant dingage on the body...just didnt feel like a good deal.

Comment

+1 for the CP jags. They are a great platform for modding and experimenting with pickups and such. All the mij's and the avris have the wonky bridges... thats pretty subjective though some people love them.
                        Cassandras.
                        Bandcamp.

Good Deals: MadMax808 (x 2), Dr. Picklebottom, WAWBanks, guitarslinger, angelhair0, AaronSS, chrisjnyc, dgarriso, duderanimous...

Comment

never tried the CP but I do have a 62 AVRI and an HH special. absolutely love them both.
                          good deals with Peeling Paint, TJ000, Puckman, Angelhair,T3, Chitown Terror ,hangwire,KjStrat62,
                          senor-penguin,I.P.Freely,Fender&EHX4ever,Gregovertone,Vi cShat,Virex,rdm,tee money,no fate,costch,Phil O'Keefe,fuzzface71,brandnewzo

Comment

Well, at the end of the day...I went with NEITHER.

Local guy was selling a late 90's CIJ, and I jumped on it.

Comment

The best thing you can do is play them - as the pickups and bridge systems are very different, as are the necks.

Both are great guitars but both are supremely idiosyncratic, as they're Jaguars. You'll love it or hate it.

How would you describe the differences between the necks and pickups Mike?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
                              X