Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Crusher or some other fuzz face?

I need some fuzz face in my life. I have never had one and feel like one would fit in nicely with my board and the style of music I tend to play (stonery riff type ****************). I have been looking mostly at the EQD Dream Crusher, because all of the clips sound giant and amazing. But, since I have never had a fuzz face I thought I would post and get some opinions.

I already have a Twosome with the Fix'd side set up with all four stages engaged for explodey velcroy goodness. Is there any real overlap between a fuzz face and the Twosome?

Am I missing anything by getting a fuzz face without a bias knob?

Does the Dream Crusher do 'classic' fuzz face toanz?

Any other pedals I should be checking out?
    Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

meh. more fuzz and dist

I have one - its great, just another tweaked fuzz face but very well done and probably one of the best value for money pedals I've got. Sounds pretty much as you'd expect for a fuzz face, fairly high gain but its germanium so its got that squishy quality. It looks cool too .. I think so anyway.

There's a bias adjustment trimmer inside too btw.

I also have an oxfuzz which sounds great too - darker and smoother, would recommend.

So many to fuzz faces out there .. some get really expensive for not a massive difference in quality.

Comment

Dream Crusher.If youy don't like it, you have a late as **************** x-mas gift for me.
      My mother doesnt like my avatar.

Originally Posted by diocide

I used to have a brass pick, but I stopped using it. After using it, my fingers would smell like i fingered a Terminator and I just couldn't get past that. I'm a ****************ing weirdo, I know.

Church of Wolves

http://churchofwolves.bandcamp.com

Comment

Dream Crusher.If youy don't like it, you have a late as **************** x-mas gift for me.

True. I totally forgot to get you that new personal massager that you had your eye on.

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

I dig the dream crusher, it's up there on my "top whatever" list.
          It's a bit surprising for a germ fuzz, as it's pretty gainy and has a crushing (see what I did there) low end that isn't muddy like most fuzzfaces can get.

I guess you could cop "classic" tones with it but I always find myself playing stoner/doomy stuff with it
          Run!

There are some that call me... Morningstaru?

Comment

Could always snag a fulltone '69 mkII it has an external bias knob and a contour knob for additional tone shaping. I have an original '69 and I love it...That being said I still want a dream crusher.

It's doesn't get to terribly saturated so you might have to hit it with an od first to get the gnarlys.
            facebook.com/TheSpiritAnimalshttp://thespiritanimals.bandcamp.com/GOOD DEALS: Iamtehcure, succor, juri, conky

Comment

Could always snag a fulltone '69 mkII it has an external bias knob and a contour knob for additional tone shaping. I have an original '69 and I love it...That being said I still want a dream crusher.

It's doesn't get to terribly saturated so you might have to hit it with an od first to get the gnarlys.

I have been looking at both the 69 and 70 - they are on my short list if I don't end up with the Dream Crusher.

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

I rather have the dream crusher than the massage.

I used to have a brass pick, but I stopped using it. After using it, my fingers would smell like i fingered a Terminator and I just couldn't get past that. I'm a ****************ing weirdo, I know.

Church of Wolves

Comment

There's no haggling on christmas.

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

This is America. Can haggle everything!

Church of Wolves

Comment

I have a Fulltone '70, but I'd love a Dream Crusher.
                      Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

never playd the Dream Crusher - but so much other EQD pedals. good lookin, solid and great sounding pedals
                        Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

I need some fuzz face in my life. I have never had one and feel like one would fit in nicely with my board and the style of music I tend to play (stonery riff type ****************). I have been looking mostly at the EQD Dream Crusher, because all of the clips sound giant and amazing. But, since I have never had a fuzz face I thought I would post and get some opinions.

I already have a Twosome with the Fix'd side set up with all four stages engaged for explodey velcroy goodness. Is there any real overlap between a fuzz face and the Twosome?

Am I missing anything by getting a fuzz face without a bias knob?

Does the Dream Crusher do 'classic' fuzz face toanz?

Any other pedals I should be checking out?

the Fix'd Fuzz is a complete different animal. a fuzz face (with bias knob) gives you the broken sounds and also "singing" stuff. And also fuzzy drive with lower fuzz/gain levels. from classic to 8bit. maybe the Dirt Transmitter is also intressting for you
                          Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

if you're going for authentic FF tones, there's a lot of options both germanium and silicon. the blue Dunlop JH-1 is great and I'd consider a Monsterpiece NPN, it's a variant that's awesome. the FF is kind of a tame/musical/soft/nice whatever you want to call it fuzz that cleans up nice on the volume knob, not that great for aggressive music imo. consider a Tonebender MKII if you want similar but more aggressive tones, the Throbak Stonebender is a good one, MJM Brit bender etc.
                            great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

if you're going for authentic FF tones, there's a lot of options both germanium and silicon. the blue Dunlop JH-1 is great and I'd consider a Monsterpiece NPN, it's a variant that's awesome. the FF is kind of a tame/musical/soft/nice whatever you want to call it fuzz that cleans up nice on the volume knob, not that great for aggressive music imo. consider a Tonebender MKII if you want similar but more aggressive tones, the Throbak Stonebender is a good one, MJM Brit bender etc.

Yeah, that is not what I'm looking for at all. I would like some lower gain vintagey sounding **************** from time to time, but I'm much more concerned with how well it destroys things.

I used to have a Tone Reaper (Tonebender mk3-ish right?) that I liked...I will check out some clips of the mk2 since it's been awhile since I looked at them.

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

Working...
                              X