NPD

Ryan.

• Members

Wanted something with a smaller footprint to replace my metal muff since i never used the boost on it.

also wanted to buy something for a reasonable deal without hearing it first.

eqd gave me the incentive.

JxsbR.jpg

goes good with the tie, no?

we'll see how it sounds whenever i can get over to teh space.

fart, not interested.

• Members

Thank god you got rid of the metal muff! good man! Worst pedal I've ever owned/heard/played *throws up* lol.

oh i still have it bro... its just graduating. coming off my board and moving to my cellar where i keep my pedal "hall of fame". it will be dusted and wiped clean, encased in glass, and put in a case on the wall.

sometimes late at night i go down to see my collection and press my bare chest against the glass. the maid doesn't know what to think when she has to go down there with the windex

• Members

i thought you loved your metal muff, you wanker

how dare you?? i'll bet my $79 SHOD that you won't like it as much as your metal muff

meh we'll see. lately i've been playing my guitar through a potato and then a can of soup, and it has sounded fine, so idk. i'm sleepy

• Members

i thought the metal muff (full size one) sounded good for metal stuff. youve got a marshall so im not sure why youd want to use it, though...

redundancy is the name of the game in my band. verse, chorus, verse, chorus, chorus, drink, repeat.

edit...

in seriousness though, i've explained about my rig before that it was bought when i was a moron teenager, and only saw marshalls on stage where ever i went. so marketing dept everywhere loved me. now i use it as a giant PA system for my pedal board. :idk: it sorta works, so i don't change it. hopefully this goes well with my rig and can make a lower gain replacement for the MM. also hoping it will play well with the hoof and lpb-1. but honestly i don't even care anymore.

• Members

I have one, it's sort of a Marshall in a box.....but it sounds better pushing an amp that is already breaking up.......the low end of the pedal is pretty tight/light, and I feel like the pedal can get bright going into a pristine clean channel.

It's a good sounding pedal, and I love it, but it's limited to a point.

• Members

redundancy is the name of the game in my band. verse, chorus, verse, chorus, chorus, drink, repeat.

edit...

in seriousness though, i've explained about my rig before that it was bought when i was a moron teenager, and only saw marshalls on stage where ever i went. so marketing dept everywhere loved me. now i use it as a giant PA system for my pedal board.
:idk:
it sorta works, so i don't change it. hopefully this goes well with my rig and can make a lower gain replacement for the MM. also hoping it will play well with the hoof and lpb-1. but honestly i don't even care anymore.

so what youre saying is youre better than slash?

• Members

What kind of Marshall do you have? Do you not like the amp dirt?

That's also supposed to be a pretty sweet vintage Marshall in a box type of pedal. Hope it fits in with your rig.

I may slowly evolve back to liking it. I have had that trebly high gain metal muff for a long time now and i'm SO used to it its really jarring going back to the marshall dirt. i'm hoping to ween off it and see where it takes me.

this is my current rig:

kNgJb.jpg

jcm dsl2000 or whatever. take the MM off and put the Chrysalis on and we'll see where it goes...

• Members

Touche - the vintage/crunch/whatever channel on those are supposed to be great for the heavies when you boost it. So if the new pedal doesn't work out, you could get a TS style pedal and try that out :idk:

I know what you mean though - I went for a loooong time when I first started playing guitar using an Ibanez Smashbox as my dirt, so it took a while to get used to the bigger/darker sound of my Blackstar.

Archived