Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try my Swollen Pickle through tomorrow. Lstr: Stuck at the nazi Euro-customs

Shin-Ei: I wish

The closest I can come to Superfuzz/Shin-Ei tones is with my FZ-2. It'll have to do for now, I'll also give it a try through teh new map tomorrow.

Comment

In terms of overdrive, I just picked up a Toadworks Lil Leo that sounds lovely. Very different flavour from usual vox overdrive, stacks amazingly with the Shin Ei too.

Comment

I like Fuzz Face and Tonebender styles my self.
        "People who don't like fuzz weren't around in the '90s, or else they were the kind of kids I didn't wanna hang out with back then" - thom

Comment

For OD: solidgoldfx Super Drive for 70s marshall tone. I still have tried boosting it to see how heavy it gets though
          Originally Posted by jelloman

ALL HAIL ALMIGHTY QUOOG!

Originally Posted by csm

The deal is that why Keef is so kool is that he plays like the perfect sideman AND dominates the stage like the perfect co-frontman whilst somehow managing to look as if he's doing both by sheer instinct whilst very, VERY stoned.

'Ducks don't sound like bells'
          -Wyatt
          I have gear list envy

SPAM

Comment

bump

Comment

Update:

Dispite the mixed reviews online, I'm really like what I hear when using *any* dirt pedal through the AC30. Totally digging the LSTR, it's like a distortion-y muff, much more forgivingn, and it's easier to dial in usefull tones instead if just overly boomy or harsh ones. Cuts through a mix really well too, while still maintaining the famous bmp vibe.

Currently looking into my options of giving either of my amps a jtm45 tone, looking to try a distortron. I'll leave that for another thread though

Comment

I'd like to give the LSTR a whirl sometime. I love the Pharaoh, still. Every day I play it, I find some new way to set the fuzz, or to drive it with another dirt/boost pedal. Such a fantastic pedal. Would like to own all of the Black Arts pedals.

I think I'm going to try the new MXR Modified OD soon too. The clips are really nice, I use an AC15, seems like it should be a good match, probably the same for an AC30 too I would think.

Comment

Working...
                X