At The Drive In to reunite

!i!i!i!i!i!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, Jim was ATD-I's secret weapon, but I saw Sparta and TMV and felt neither had that special spark that ATD-I had.

I've never seen Sparta, saw TMV after Deloused came out which was the only album I really enjoyed, they weren't too great live though. I prefer Sleepercar and Jim Ward's solo stuff over everything else though, seen him live a few times and he's always great.

• Members

They're seriously NOT overrated impo.

But I'm not particularly looking forward to this either. Sometimes the past is better left alone. Fat chance of seeing 'em in a normal sized club anyway, so f*ck em.

I used to be a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan back in the day too. Nuff said.

Than again, they'll get the benefit of the doubt if they'll record a new album. Which I'll obviously compare to ROC, so it won't be easy to win me over...

• Members

This is big news. I think it makes sense though, the new TMV material is a lot more stripped back and 'punk' that previous recordings.

Just imagine how much fun it would be to play a string of atdi shows as a counterbalance to all the work omar does with TMV and his solo projects. It would be rad. Also, the new volta record has been confirmed to be released in march, so this def wont be a long term reunion.

Archived