X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell are you cooking there?

Nothing Jew can eat, brother.

Oyster!
    Originally Posted by Player99

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

Originally Posted by eco1

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

Hah I thought that's what that looked like, I was just poking fun.
      --------------------------------------
      Poppin' Fresh

"I can rock the mic to silence by John Cage,
      With the arty flavor, I shoot the gift like a party favor..."

Comment

Why don't you take a seat in my basement? Right over here.

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

Nothing Jew can eat, brother.

Oyster!

Oh you and your kosher chimichanga's

Comment

Haha, hcfx cookout 2012 at your place?

Comment

--------------------------------------
              Poppin' Fresh

"I can rock the mic to silence by John Cage,
              With the arty flavor, I shoot the gift like a party favor..."

Comment

For outdoorsy stuff I carry my old Case fixed blade. I'm not sure how old the knife is, I've had it for probably 17 years. It was my dad's before then. It's still sharp as ****************. The handle and sheath have some serious relic'ing mojo going on.

For an everyday knife I carry a Gerber Kiowa... it's half serrated but I've never needed to sharpen it. If I used it a lot I'd use a regular blade but the serrated section comes in handing for opening stubborn packages and whatnot. I'm a big fan of the tanto blade on this style of knife.

If I'm going to a wedding or nice dinner I carry a Boker beer barrel stockman. The salvaged beer barrel handles bring some serious mojo dudes.

Grind
                http://soundcloud.com/thekraken

Comment

If I'm going to a wedding or nice dinner I carry a Boker beer barrel stockman.

Winner of nothing, BOTB Raffle 2011

@Jenesis

Comment

Grind
                    http://soundcloud.com/thekraken

Comment

Well, the difference may be in hiking long distances rather than short day hikes or overnighters.

True to a certain extent, but its sort of "cool" nowdays to carry the smallest knife possible because some people believe that means you are more of a woodsman. In fact im sure there are people who would be happy to run off in the woods with a thumbtack and a loincloth to make themselves more "cool".

IMHO a knife doesnt really weigh all that much, my Golok is 20 inches overall with a 14" blade made out of distal tapered 1/4 steel and i think it weighs in the vicinity of 2lbs. 2lbs isnt all that much especially if its the tool you need, id rather have too big of a blade and use it lightly than too small of a blade and struggle/destroy it.

Plus lets be honest here, its not like you are running full bore and covering 80 miles a day, the extra 2Lbs means that you might be moving a bit slower and taking more breaks than thumbtack/loincloth man.
                      www.lastchanceisrock.com

Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available
                      here>>> http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2

And also on iTunes and Napster

Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped

Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor

Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)

Comment

If you get a decent knife, you can just send it in for free sharpenings. I've got a Kershaw and a Benchmade with half serrated blades and each company gladly does free sharpenings/maintenance.

Screw doing it yourself.

It is very sad that you never learned how to sharpen a knife and i would not recommend anyone following that path. For god sakes they make electric sharpeners and even manual sharpeners that require all of 15 seconds and the ability to hold a knife without dropping it for that length of time.

Picking up a kukri pretty soon for a replacement for carrying a hatchet as a camp tool. I had the opportunity to use one awhile back and have lusted after one since. Really awesome tools.

Kukri's are awesome, what kind are you looking at in particular?
                        www.lastchanceisrock.com

Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available
                        here>>> http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2

And also on iTunes and Napster

Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped

Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor

Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)

Comment

True to a certain extent, but its sort of "cool" nowdays to carry the smallest knife possible because some people believe that means you are more of a woodsman. In fact im sure there are people who would be happy to run off in the woods with a thumbtack and a loincloth to make themselves more "cool".

IMHO a knife doesnt really weigh all that much, my Golok is 20 inches overall with a 14" blade made out of distal tapered 1/4 steel and i think it weighs in the vicinity of 2lbs. 2lbs isnt all that much especially if its the tool you need, id rather have too big of a blade and use it lightly than too small of a blade and struggle/destroy it.

Plus lets be honest here, its not like you are running full bore and covering 80 miles a day, the extra 2Lbs means that you might be moving a bit slower and taking more breaks than thumbtack/loincloth man.

i'm certainly no thumbtack advocate, and a good sheath knife is awesome, but when i'm backpacking two pounds counts as a pretty big item, and one i would cut down on if i could. i've carried bigger knives, and probably will again. but i've never been on a backpacking trip where i thought my four inch benchmade folding knife wasn't enough. and it weighs a couple of ounces.

Comment

It is very sad that you never learned how to sharpen a knife and i would not recommend anyone following that path. For god sakes they make electric sharpeners and even manual sharpeners that require all of 15 seconds and the ability to hold a knife without dropping it for that length of time.

Oh, it's so ****************ing sad that I have to be without a knife for a week every 5 years so I can have it professionally sharpened and maintained for free.

So sad. Life is HARD. Everyone should pity me and my knife woes.
                            I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

Oh, it's so ****************ing sad that I have to be without a knife for a week every 5 years so I can have it professionally sharpened and maintained for free.

So sad. Life is HARD. Everyone should pity me and my knife woes.

wow. i have to sharpen my knives every couple of months. at least the one i carry regularly. 5 years would be unheard of. i don't begrudge you for sending your knife in, but sharpening my knives is something i enjoy and something i've always thought of as a skill that is valuable and important as a knife owner. i've done woodworking projects involving my pocket knife, such as making a bow, that required sharpening it 2 to 4 times a day for 5 days or so. if i didn't know how to sharpen a knife i couldn't have done that.

Comment

Yeah, I don't make bows.

I cut packages open and threaten to stab unruly hobos as I walk home pretty much every weekend night. That's it.

I don't think of myself as a knife owner that needs valuable skills related to my knife. It's a chunk of metal that I use and occasionally need fixed in order for it to work right. That's all.

WOW.
                                I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

Working...
                                X