Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've hiked all over the world (Appalachian Trail thru-hiker, as well) and carried only a small Swiss Army knife. The bigger it is, the heavier it is - and you have to carry it.
    ... puppets jerking on their strings ...

Comment

in case i'm attacked by a wild steven seagal
      Originally Posted by Player99

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

Originally Posted by eco1

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

I have a Buck 119 Special. It's seriously the only hunting knife one could ever need but If I could find a Ka-bar in mint condition stuck to a tree it would be easily replaced.

Comment

I've hiked all over the world (Appalachian Trail thru-hiker, as well) and carried only a small Swiss Army knife. The bigger it is, the heavier it is - and you have to carry it.

I know there are widely differing opinions on what is just enough knife to bring but i would not feel comfortable if the only edged thing i bring was a 2 inch bladed Swiss Army knife.

When im out in the woods i usually carry a Ruger Blackhawk and a Condor Golok but to be fair im not camping, i actually live in said woods.
          www.lastchanceisrock.com

Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available
          here>>> http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2

And also on iTunes and Napster

Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped

Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor

Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)

Comment

I know there are widely differing opinions on what is just enough knife to bring but i would not feel comfortable if the only edged thing i bring was a 2 inch bladed Swiss Army knife.

When im out in the woods i usually carry a Ruger Blackhawk and a Condor Golok but to be fair im not camping, i actually live in said woods.

Well, the difference may be in hiking long distances rather than short day hikes or overnighters.
            ... puppets jerking on their strings ...

Comment

Benchmade and Kershaw are great options. Buck as well, and CRKT isn't bad either. Personally, for a folder I'm partial to Spyder Co though. Plenty of good options mentioned in this thread. Oh and when you buy, check out the Cutlery Shoppe they usually have some of the best pricing I've found (coupon code "nutnfancy" should get you free shipping too).
              --------------------------------------
              Poppin' Fresh

"I can rock the mic to silence by John Cage,
              With the arty flavor, I shoot the gift like a party favor..."

Comment

Would you guys rec. serrated or no?

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

multi tool, hatchet, machete, large saw.
                  We just spent $64,000 in that bar. We're going to have to get jobs, to cover up the fact that we rob banks.

Comment

Not easily sharpened. I have one, I'd pass if I had to do it again.

Comment

serrated tends to stay sharp longer and can still cut better when it starts to get dull than a straight blade does. and it's great for ripping through a lot of material quickly. but it's much more difficult to sharpen and pretty much requires that you get a knife sharpener made for serrated knives. i had a spyderco serrated knife for years and it served me really well. i moved on to a benchmade straight blade for several reasons. some tasks, such as more delicate whittling and carving, cleaning and skinning animals and fish, and a few other things do better with a straight blade. and it's just so much easier to keep sharp.

whatever you do, don't get one of the knives that's half straight and half serrated. that's the ultimate pain in the ass for sharpening.

Comment

serrated tends to stay sharp longer and can still cut better when it starts to get dull than a straight blade does. and it's great for ripping through a lot of material quickly. but it's much more difficult to sharpen and pretty much requires that you get a knife sharpener made for serrated knives. i had a spyderco serrated knife for years and it served me really well. i moved on to a benchmade straight blade for several reasons. some tasks, such as more delicate whittling and carving, cleaning and skinning animals and fish, and a few other things do better with a straight blade. and it's just so much easier to keep sharp.

whatever you do, don't get one of the knives that's half straight and half serrated. that's the ultimate pain in the ass for sharpening.

Okay, thats what I was looking at. Will stay away from that.

Comment

If you get a decent knife, you can just send it in for free sharpenings. I've got a Kershaw and a Benchmade with half serrated blades and each company gladly does free sharpenings/maintenance.

Screw doing it yourself.
                          I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

This is how I envision Ryan camping -

Comment

That is pretty close actually.

But this is backpacking, not camping. Opulence I has not.

Comment

In 20 years maybe? Right now more like this

Comment

Working...
                                X