THE KUNG FUZZ.....MOTHER OF GOD.

Stevenglass

• Members

So me and V worked out a deal and i bought his kung fuzz, it's a pedal he makes. As far as i know it's an original circuit design and here's the scoop on it.

I just got it in the mail today, and as everyone knows, steven hates fuzz. I never found a single one i liked. I've played

Mastotron

Fuzz Factory

JHF1 Fuzz Face

Fulltone 70

Big Muff

they all sound like {censored}(or at least to me). Well today i plugged in the kung fuzz after getting it in the mail. Expecting to not really dig it...Holy {censored}ing {censored} i kicked this thing on and i swear to god it sounds like the 70's exploded in the pedal. The fuzz tones are off the charts! Anything from floyd - zep - jimi - white stripes - black keys...it's all there. It's {censored}ing amazing. There's three switches one 3 way and 2 2 way.

The three way controls the mix of the transistors(correct me if im wrong V) The far left is full on(My favorite..) and the two ways are for bass cut/boost and for boost in general...I have everything on full. The only knob is a level control.

This is like no other fuzz i have played, it cleans up perfect, but it has this clarity to it that i've never heard from any other fuzz. The best thing about the clean up is it's not like on a different fuzz where there is barely any difference until the guitar is almost at 0. Man...i {censored}ing love this thing. And V's a great dude, he can pretty much make anything to your order...I told him i didn't want one with the velcro setting on it and he gave me this one with bass boost which i {censored}ing love. Anyway, i'll post clips later so you can hear the {censored}ing madness of this thing.

THE ONLY PROBLEM.

THEY WROTE STEPHEN ON THE SHIPPING LABEL.

{censored} MY LIFE.

• Members

Yeah, clips Steven, come on!

I'm really glad you guys are both liking the Kung Fuzz.

I have to make one for myself someday.

But yes, Steven has a slightly different version than kpd. His has a bass cut switch that will tighten up the low end a bit or else give full frequency response (it has a pretty strong bass response normally). You're right about the mix switch. Left is the most signal from the second transistor, middle is 50/50, roughly, and right is most signal from the first transistor. That comes before the boost in the chain so you can control which signal goes into the boost, which is a third (silicon) gain stage. The first two stages are mosfet.

kpd has the same but with a "style" switch that changes the whole setup of the first gain stage. Gives more of a velco/semi-octave sound on some settings.

Actually, I'm considering making an octave version of the kung fuzz in the future.

• Members

It's really something special. I felt like the 70 would have been good if it wasn't so dark and not like sexy dark like damn this thing sucks.

It's just got this clarity to that is really nice while still having that sound to it..Damn i feel like a salesmen/

• Members

I'm bumping this thread because i have found out more about this pedal.

If you roll your volume back on a low setting you can get a very nice, almost overdrive like tone.

I also found this position which for 3 days i have not changed...there is an octave fuzz in here. it's not very ring mod like in tracking but it sounds so amazing. Def that sweet sweet analog up that i could never make sound good with an octavia...Man this thing is the {censored}ing BOMB.

Archived