Collapse
No announcement yet.

opinions on the fender concert II amp?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on the fender concert II amp?

theres one for sale locally. $550 deal or no deal?

I read internet rumors its higher gain sound isn't so hot.
    same rumors say its cleans are very nice. I'm only after a clean sound.

I'm currently looking for a nice clean amp in that price range, other suggestions welcomed.

I guess a princeton reverb would be my first choice, as for the sound I'm looking for.

not in a rush to buy. I can wait for a better deal.
    Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

zero replies amp is unkown?
    save up for different fender thats known?
    get something else?
    anybody want to give there 2 cents on amps with nice clean tones.

Comment

Don't know mich about the Concert IIs.....check eBay completed listings?
      Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

Comment

last one sold for $600. one unsold at $500.

seems like it could be a good amp. not so many in use however

Comment

fender princeton chour amp $200

Comment

those are actually highly coveted amps, by players, not collectors. they were designed by Rivera and are fairly rare, only made for three years (I think). $550.00 is a good price, the Concert II is a 4x10? can't remember. anyway, great amp.
            great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

A few minor corrections:

They never used the "II" designation, although they were part of the "II Series" amp line.

They weren't designed by Paul Rivera (Fender's head of marketing at the time), but specified by him - the actual design was done by Ed Jahns.

Yes, they are a 4x10 amp. 60W RMS. No tremolo, but they do have channel switching. Solid State rectification. Built from about 1982 until Fender was sold in 1985, although remaining stock was sold by Fender & their dealers for another year or two beyond that. IMHO, they're excellent sounding amps.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

A few minor corrections:

They never used the "II" designation, although they were part of the "II Series" amp line.

They weren't designed by Paul Rivera (Fender's head of marketing at the time), but specified by him - the actual design was done by Ed Jahns.

Yes, they are a 4x10 amp. 60W RMS. No tremolo, but they do have channel switching. Solid State rectification. Built from about 1982 until Fender was sold in 1985, although remaining stock was sold by Fender & their dealers for another year or two beyond that. IMHO, they're excellent sounding amps.

great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

I have a Concert II 1x12. Got it off of CL for $425. Its my main amp. It can be a lil tricky to dial in a good tone. It takes pedals nicely. I use a bad monkey, Rat or big muff infront for my tones. I also jumped the fx loop for the xtra gain stage.
                  There's a huge thread on TGP for mods, I never modded mine other than some SED tubes and threw an Eminence RWB in there. I really dig mine....

I used it on this song:

Comment

A few minor corrections:

How do they sound compared to a Super Reverb?

Comment

thanks phil your always know everything

Comment

How do they sound compared to a Super Reverb?

Somewhat similar... but again, they have a solid state rectifier (the Super is tube) and put out 60W vs 45W. They have the lead channel - more similar to a Boogie (cascaded gain stages) than the Super, and unlike the Super, the 80s era Concert has no tremolo. Also, as Chad said, you could get them in a 1x12 version too.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

this has two ten inch speakers...

Comment

Comment

I would jump on that. Specially since its 2x10. The speakers in that pic are not original, so you may find yourself replacing them with something to match your tone. When I plug mine into my Mesa 4x12, it sounds awesome! I suggest jumping the fx loop with a patch chord to get the extra gain stage.

Why is the channel/verb pedal plugged into the inputs in that pic?

Comment

Working...
                              X