Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's effect pedals- are they worth it?

I have a Vesta Fire SCH stereo chorus and was thinking about selling it. Are the newer Chorus pedals worth taking a look at or should i just keep this?

I have it for sale on crapbay but am really thinking about keeping it.
    My gear:
    amps
    200? Tech 21 Trademark 300 -
    1999 Peavey Ultra 410 - awesome
    1967 Decca DMI-73
    Peavey Special 112
    guitars- im a lefty
    1986 Fender Squire Strat- Japan!!!!!!!- My favorite guitar
    1998 Ibanez rg470L
    effects
    Timmy
    EH Memory Toy
    Snarling Dogs Whino Wah- original!
    BBE Tremor- tremelo
    BAT PHARAOH!!!!

there are many pedals from the 80's that are worth it. many. and many that suck.

if the pedal gives you the sound you want keep it, if it doesn't flip it.
    "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

Comment

Vesta Fire pedals are good - it will probably be difficult and/or expensive to get a 'better' chorus.

FWIW, all of my favourite chorus pedals are from the 70s or 80s.

Great Deals With: sparkfriction, Elessar [Sly], WAWBanks, SG1, robw, eerock, deftoneboy, gae86, Army of Darkness, beexter, Robzilla, woolyh, ollenorin, gjhardwick, miffa 55, steinwand, digital, indigoguy, mr benn, silent-strat, chrispy108, Kayzer, jo_to_2, attic, uncle psychosis, Astatine, JBJ, red_riviera, Loobster, melx, gambit, ampman1989, TheBrainPolice, HeartfeltDawn, extremelybored, IvIark, CitizenErased, Jakkeh, garymcq, Jockman, ChrisB, Teleman1985, benmuky

Comment

It just so happens I got an '80s Boss CE-2 today. No frills great warm sounding chorus, and can still be had for $100ish if you look around.

Mine's MIJ, but a little research learned me that there's little -if any- difference between the korean CE-2s from same era. The myth about different screws/labels is even more BS. But it means that thanks to the internet hype nonsense, the less popular korean CE-2 with the "wrong" color screws/label can easily be had for less than $100...

Comment

Thanks thom- good info!
            My gear:
            amps
            1967 Decca DMI-73
            Peavey Special 112
            guitars- im a lefty
            1998 Ibanez rg470L
            effects
            Timmy
            EH Memory Toy
            BBE Tremor- tremelo
            BAT PHARAOH!!!!

Comment

yea, if youre happy with it, no need to sell it. i doubt you'll find a newer chorus that you like simply because its newer. like kpd says, the 70s and 80s were the golden days.

unless you want to sell it to get a Boss ce-2 or something
              YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

It just so happens I got an '80s Boss RC-2 today. No frills great warm sounding chorus, and can still be had for $100ish if you look around.

Mine's MIJ, but a little research learned me that there's little -if any- difference between the korean RC2s from same era. The myth about different screws/labels is even more BS. But it means that thanks to the internet hype nonsense, the less popular korean RC-2 with the "wrong" color screws/label can easily be had for less than $100...

wut? boss had an rc-2 chorus?? rc-2 is a looper. you mean CE-2, as evidenced by your NPD thread
                YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

ha, thats one of my favorite choruses! for the blend and vibrato alone its great! i have a few vesta fire dealyos and i loved them all!

man, we used to talk about 80s pedals all the time, and now "are they worth it?" times have changed...

the sound of the main riff is the vesta fire into a lofi loop junky. it can get really swoozy...
                  OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

my ce-2 is definately worth it
                    Randall Army
                    Equiperate EMGers Club
                    Member Of The €piphone Empire
                    Gear:
                    Randall RM100KH + RS412KHX
                    Ltd and Epiphone guitars
                    Tonepros bridges
                    Sperzel locking tuners
                    Emg pickups
                    Lava cable
                    Dunlop accessories

Comment

the sound of the main riff is the vesta fire into a lofi loop junky. it can get really swoozy...

My favorite SPC ECO track. I want to marry your singer's voice in this song.
                      http://deadhandcollective.blogspot.com - my band
                      http://divinemotherrecordings.com -my label
                      http://divinemotherrecordings.bandcamp.com
                      http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...l=1#post425143 99 - good deals

Comment

My 82 maxon-board Ibanez CS9

Comment

my ce-2 is definately worth it

Still my all-time favorite mono chorus, but too much of a tone sucker for an everyday pedalboard. I still use CE-2's for recording.

80's pedals can be really cool, but also impractical, occasionally noisy and often falling apart.

Analogman makes a killer chorus, but kind of pricey.
                          H-C Effects Forum Member Before Analogmike was, by two months!

Comment

I am going to see if it sells - if not Im just going to keep it!
                            Thanks for the help!!! and info!!!!
                            My gear:
                            amps
                            1967 Decca DMI-73
                            Peavey Special 112
                            guitars- im a lefty
                            1998 Ibanez rg470L
                            effects
                            Timmy
                            EH Memory Toy
                            BBE Tremor- tremelo
                            BAT PHARAOH!!!!

Comment

a couple of the off-brand Japanese swirly pedals are OK because they do some really bizarre unconventional sounds but most of that stuff is obsolete by today's standards...

Comment

Working...
                              X