Does Anybody Know A Cute Girl With Some Pom Poms?

six acre lake

• Members

Cause everybody needs someone to spell out their name.

Please

Please

Please just send her along.

[video=youtube;oyiywH4Cqu0]

I must've listened to this song 20 times today. I have been revisiting Scout Niblett lately. Her new record has some killer duets with Bonnie Prince Billy. Her fuzz tone is to die for and the sparse Albini recording style suits her tunes perfectly.

I you don't know now you know.

• Members

It will be phenomenal.

It's not new but her last record, This Fool Can Die Now, is in fact incredible. The album opener is a duet with Bonnie Prince Billy called "Do You Want To Be Buried With My People" and damn if that song doesn't choke me the {censored} up every {censored}ing time. So good.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well I'm late to the party here but I was just listening to some good ol' Songs: Ohia and realized that it was scout singing on this song:

I listened to all the videos in here and they didn't click immediately but now it's all on repeat. Thanks guys, I guess?

• Members

I wasn't sure about the slightly OTT Chan Marshall worship of the first section(i wonder if she needs to pay royalties for how hard she is pulling on her style there) but i did quite like how it went once the drums came in.

What should i start with to check out?

• Members

I feel like Sharon Van Etten has her own thing going on. The way she uses her voice is for a different sort of effect, and she seems to put it in a different sort of relation to what is going on behind it, than the way that Cat Power does either, it seems to me.

Much more obvious Cat Powerism, in my opinion, would be the track from the OP, in which i hear a loud and obvious nod to these trax forinstance:

Occasionally you will hear some really egregious Chanswiping though. Take for example this toon:

And then maybe start this one at aboot 1:40 or so:

That {censored} is just blatant. :lol:

Archived