"The Finest Overdrive in the world..."

King Rat

• Members

that's the opening line on the instruction that came with my fulldrive 2... I have never noticed such bold silly statements when dealing with pedals except for Ken's Alpha Drive crap...

Do all pedal makers really have this kind of belief when putting a product out there??

Why not, "a nice sounding overdrive pedal, hope you enjoy"

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We are {censored}ing electrical guitarists, bold is the name of the game. Bold Statements, bold tones, tight pants.

Do I tell chicks I have the biggest cock? {censored} Yes I do.

Do I have the biggest cock?

HELL {censored}IN YES I DO.

• Members

You don't win by {censored} footing around.

exactly! if you dont think it's the best thing in the world that does what it does... is there any point?

but why have a product like the fulldrive 2 and say it's the "finest in the world" and then say here is a new version with mosfet! its newer and the new Best one. Music gear it's impossible to say one is better than the other cause its all a matter of taste..

you cant just walk into a room and say, The Fender Telecaster Is the BEST guitar in the world! I feel that's what they are doing which just seems really dumb?? something tells me they arent taking the piss...

• Members

thats what I mean, I don't want to jump into bed with the guy who claims to have the biggest cock! in a world full of Cocks of all shapes and sizes.

i dont want to buy pedals from the guy saying they are the best in the world bar none... in a world full of TS-variant clones

• Members

I don't really get why we're talking about this.

Everyone thinks their {censored} is awesome. It's just the way the world works.

This coffee cup in my hand is the {censored}ing best.

This cat right here, the {censored}ing best.

This Lenny Kravitz song on youtube, super {censored}ing lame.

Am I wrong about any of this? No. Do I believe it and want the world to know about it? {censored} YES.

• Members

I don't really get why we're talking about this.

Everyone thinks their {censored} is awesome. It's just the way the world works.

This coffee cup in my hand is the {censored}ing best.

This cat right here, the {censored}ing best.

This Lenny Kravitz song on youtube, super {censored}ing lame.

Am I wrong about any of this? No. Do I believe it and want the world to know about it? {censored} YES.

whoah, Lenny is the songbird our our generation.

• Members

We are {censored}ing electrical guitarists, bold is the name of the game. Bold Statements, bold tones, tight pants.

Do I tell chicks I have the biggest cock? {censored} Yes I do.

Do I have the biggest cock?

HELL {censored}IN YES I DO.

You guys are making me so happy right now.

I think some builders probably believe in their products to that degree... maybe a lot of them. And let's face it - it sounds a lot better from a marketing standpoint than saying "well, it's not a bad overdrive pedal really; we think at least some of you won't totally hate it" or words to that effect. ;)

I dunno - you're asking the wrong guy. I've always been kind of uncomfortable with tooting my own horn, so I try not to... which sucks when what you have to offer to clients is ultimately, yourself and your services / skills. A certain amount of self-confidence and self-promotion is definitely involved, but I never wanted to be that dude that says "Heeeeeyyy, I'm bitchcoat" while he snaps his fingers and winks at you. I've just never been comfortable with being "that guy", and I'd rather let other people decide if I'm any good or not. I'd rather that you hear it from the artists I work with than hear it from me, if that makes any sense.

Frankly, their way of marketing probably is much more effective in the real world. Sometimes I think my marketing friends think I'm a little nuts. I'm a good engineer - at least a competent one... but I'm not going to be comfortable with something on my website written by me or one of my marketing guys that says "one of the best engineers in the world" - I don't think I am. :o But if you said "in the top 10-20% of all engineers in the world", it would probably be factually more correct, but just doesn't work from a marketing standpoint. Go find one of the top 10% and hire them instead! :lol: But if you can quote someone that people know or respect - artists, other engineers, album reviews, etc. etc. it's no longer you talking about you... it's other people talking about you, which is still embarrassing, but a lot more palatable than going around telling people how great you are...

• Members

I'd love to see some of the shadier builders change up their marketing. Rather than sell magic and fairy dust how about this: I make the most bitchin tricked out tubescreamer derivative I know of and I goop it because {censored} you. I could get behind {censored} like that.

Archived