Pedals you just don't get

JrB

• Members

what's a pedal you just don't get why they're popular or that tons of people like but you can't get to sound good?

For me it would be Big Muffs and Rats. Other people can get good sounds from them, but not me apparently.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Strymon Blue Sky ... Not a bad pedal at all, actually pretty nice, but it just didn't live up to its hype IMO. Maybe I need to give it another go around. :idk:... The lack of a hall mode really bugged me, and even though people say that room mode with the decay cranked is supposed to be Strymon's version of a hall verb, it sounded very little like my RRR's hall, or my Space's hall for that matter.

• Members

Strymon Blue Sky ... Not a bad pedal at all, actually pretty nice, but it just didn't live up to its hype IMO. Maybe I need to give it another go around.
:idk:
... The lack of a hall mode really bugged me, and even though people say that room mode with the decay cranked is supposed to be Strymon's version of a hall verb, it sounded very little like my RRR's hall, or my Space's hall for that matter.

Have you used the Hardwire RV-7 by chance? Curios to hear how it compares to the BSR. I had one some time ago, thought it was pretty good, but memory and time...

• Members

Modulated delay, not any specific pedal, just the effect in general. Thanks god it's usually an option and can be disabled!

Anything past a subtle chorus/warble sounds like total garbage to me. It's like the delay is making fun of you, like when you repeat something someone said in a dumb voice that's either way too high or low.

how else can you do super cool divebombs???

Floyd.

• Members

Have you used the Hardwire RV-7 by chance? Curios to hear how it compares to the BSR. I had one some time ago, thought it was pretty good, but memory and time...

I'm being completely honest when I say the hardwire reverb is one of the worst I've tried. There was a weird lag when turning it on and off, the majority of the verbs sounded practically the same. Sold it asap.

• Members

I'm being completely honest when I say the hardwire reverb is one of the worst I've tried. There was a weird lag when turning it on and off, the majority of the verbs sounded practically the same. Sold it asap.

That's weird about the lag, not sure why that would be. Did you have set for trails? I never did, maybe that helped. What did you replace it with, or are using now?

Archived