Small Clone vs Neo Clone

SonicMayhem42

• Members

I have been doing some research on these. I saw one post on a neo clone that says that is has no hed room and clips easily then the same person said they loved it a year later. Has anyone tried these two side by side? Is the $20 dollars more for the big box worth it. Honestly the small box seems like a good idea i just don't want to sacrifice sound quality.

• Members

my neo clone seems to have good headroom - I think mine had clipping problems when I first got it then I adjusted the trim pot slightly and it fixed it up.

not sure how close it is to the small clone as I dont have one to compare but they sound quite similar to my ears.

• Members

I've never heard the Neo Clone in person but the clips sound ok. The Nano Clone was supposedly the one that sucked ass. I miss my big box Small Clone and wish I never sold it. I think you can find them used for the same price as a Neo Clone though.

• Members

When my Coolcat chorus crapped out on me, I figured I could just as well get a Neo Clone but I ended up getting (another) Small Clone

the newer ones are true bypass (mine is)

also, the previous owner removed the Depth switch and fitted a potmeter instead, that actually made me change my mind, an easy mod that is really worthwhile

• 5 months later...
  • Members

mine does pop but only the first time stepping on it.

necro bump. got one in a trade and had the same problem. soldered a 1M5 resistor from the effect input to ground (that solder point that holds the spring to the chassis). i'll check tonight if that other lug the effect input toggles to connects to anything. if not, i'll wire that lug directly to ground.

Archived