Boss GT-100

cincy_cosmo

• Members

Observation: Usually when Boss/Roland introduces a new multi effects unit there is some clamoring and speculation...at least some converstation. I've noticed that with the GT-100, there has been very little buzz...is this because of the economy or is unit underwhelming people???

(I myself am riding the fence on whether to get one or not)

• Members

I remember the GT-8 getting alot of discussion as well as the VG-88....but you're correct...Boss multi's don't get much love on HC

The older ones get plenty of love for me. I won't ever sell my GT-3 as it's bullet-proof and I think it sounds better than the Line 6 M-series gear. The GT-8 is OK and the GT-10 disappointed. The GT-100 looks to be loaded with a load of {censored} I really don't want. The Zoom G3 and G5 are very competitively priced and I'm keen to try them out.

• Members

The GT-10 was a huge leap forward from the GT-8 IMO. The only thing that stops me from getting the GT-100 is that the effects loop is NOT stereo!
:facepalm:

Leap forward but also a step back especially when it comes to the 'cocked wah' sound. I don't want Boss doing amps. The M9 and 13 weren't mould breakers in terms of sound: they set the yardstick with regards to ease of use. Something with the ease of use of the M13 with the quality Boss sounds found in the DD-20, RE-20, and the CE-20, would be a great product. The G5 looks like it's sat right between the GT-100 and the M13.

• Members

Leap forward but also a step back especially when it comes to the 'cocked wah' sound. I don't want Boss doing amps. The M9 and 13 weren't mould breakers in terms of sound: they set the yardstick with regards to ease of use. Something with the ease of use of the M13 with the quality Boss sounds found in the DD-20, RE-20, and the CE-20, would be a great product. The G5 looks like it's sat right between the GT-100 and the M13.

Amps on the GT-10 were improved over the GT-8. Much of the problems people hear with the Boss units can be tweaked out with the numerous EQ's and options they have built in. Of course, I really only used the Fender amp models, which I thought were decent on the BOSS stuff anyway...I'm onto a POD HD Pro now, but I have NOT been blown away by Line 6 as many have told me I would be...

• Members

I had the same experience with the GT-10. I had a GT-8, sold it to get into the VG-99 (for awhile), sold the VG-99 for the GT-10 and then liked the GT-8 better so I 'traded' back.

After all that churn and the loss of some money doing so I'm a little leary about the GT-100, but I have a feeling that it will be something I'll get. The emphasis seems to be on the faster processors and better 'feel'.

• Members

I guess for me, the interfaces were easier to come to terms with because of the improvement in overall tone and experience. I also had a VG-99. I never really liked the GT-8. :idk: In fact, I've been rocking Roland gear for about 20+ years so they always seemed somewhat intuitive to me. The GT-10 was a big adjustment however, but I really liked it and I miss it. The POD HD Pro has been pretty easy to get to terms with once I sat down and used it, but I would go back to the BOSS/Roland line in a heartbeat if they had a stereo effects loop...

Archived