No announcement yet.

Boss GT-100

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-100

Observation: Usually when Boss/Roland introduces a new multi effects unit there is some clamoring and speculation...at least some converstation. I've noticed that with the GT-100, there has been very little buzz...is this because of the economy or is unit underwhelming people???

(I myself am riding the fence on whether to get one or not)
    http://www.tunecore.com/music/frankkitts

I think it's more of a same ****************, different look thing.
    good deals with: nearly everyone.
    Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

Comment

I think it's more of a same ****************, different look thing.

yea. and way too expensive imo
      YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

gt-100?!

**************** me, i remember when they released the gt-3. old'd
        {O,O}
        (__(\
        " "

Comment

Im still eager to try it out.

Comment

I've had most all the GT's (6, 6B, 8, 10) I still own a 8 and 6 Bass. Wasn't thrilled at all with the GT-10. I know some others had the same experience. That's why I am waffling...not sure if it will work out or not.

Comment

I'd rather get the Zoom G5.
              Excellent deals done: cmloeffler - GDan - mr benn - kpd78 - ArrMatey - Melx - Daryl Chaney - rememberduane - Barnaby, Hardly - Kid_A - plecoman - mattybigfro - Loobs - Hanglow - Free The Guilty - gjhardwick - Tengo - hangwire - Ancient Mariner - Headlow - ZoomRMC - uncle psychosis - daysofspeed - chisa - JBJ - Mozart82 - Rogsrevenge - theboywho - SG1 - Cirrus - Kayzer - Teahead - AF-100 - stella_blues - woolyh -

Comment

I'd rather get the Zoom G5.

This! I might pull trigger on a G3.

Comment

I remember when Zoom pedals were cheap practice devices but no one took them seriously. I guess that has changed.

Comment

there's never alot of hype around here for any boss multis, just the nature of the game
                    Post Modern Southern Sonic Prepared Concrete Annihilation.

Comment

I remember the GT-8 getting alot of discussion as well as the VG-88....but you're correct...Boss multi's don't get much love on HC

Comment

The GT-10 was a huge leap forward from the GT-8 IMO. The only thing that stops me from getting the GT-100 is that the effects loop is NOT stereo!
                        Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Creativity is a Work Ethic

Comment

I remember the GT-8 getting alot of discussion as well as the VG-88....but you're correct...Boss multi's don't get much love on HC

The older ones get plenty of love for me. I won't ever sell my GT-3 as it's bullet-proof and I think it sounds better than the Line 6 M-series gear. The GT-8 is OK and the GT-10 disappointed. The GT-100 looks to be loaded with a load of **************** I really don't want. The Zoom G3 and G5 are very competitively priced and I'm keen to try them out.
                          Excellent deals done: cmloeffler - GDan - mr benn - kpd78 - ArrMatey - Melx - Daryl Chaney - rememberduane - Barnaby, Hardly - Kid_A - plecoman - mattybigfro - Loobs - Hanglow - Free The Guilty - gjhardwick - Tengo - hangwire - Ancient Mariner - Headlow - ZoomRMC - uncle psychosis - daysofspeed - chisa - JBJ - Mozart82 - Rogsrevenge - theboywho - SG1 - Cirrus - Kayzer - Teahead - AF-100 - stella_blues - woolyh -

Comment

The GT-10 was a huge leap forward from the GT-8 IMO. The only thing that stops me from getting the GT-100 is that the effects loop is NOT stereo!

Leap forward but also a step back especially when it comes to the 'cocked wah' sound. I don't want Boss doing amps. The M9 and 13 weren't mould breakers in terms of sound: they set the yardstick with regards to ease of use. Something with the ease of use of the M13 with the quality Boss sounds found in the DD-20, RE-20, and the CE-20, would be a great product. The G5 looks like it's sat right between the GT-100 and the M13.

Comment

Leap forward but also a step back especially when it comes to the 'cocked wah' sound. I don't want Boss doing amps. The M9 and 13 weren't mould breakers in terms of sound: they set the yardstick with regards to ease of use. Something with the ease of use of the M13 with the quality Boss sounds found in the DD-20, RE-20, and the CE-20, would be a great product. The G5 looks like it's sat right between the GT-100 and the M13.

Amps on the GT-10 were improved over the GT-8. Much of the problems people hear with the Boss units can be tweaked out with the numerous EQ's and options they have built in. Of course, I really only used the Fender amp models, which I thought were decent on the BOSS stuff anyway...I'm onto a POD HD Pro now, but I have NOT been blown away by Line 6 as many have told me I would be...
                              Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Creativity is a Work Ethic

Comment

Working...
                              X