Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute Halp

Did the first run of these guitars come with the baked maple necks?

I tried looking for some info but I can only find it for the second run.

Thanks in advance.
    I trust:duderanimous, wacopacco, CiceroTJones, veil x2, moon shadow, SirJackedFuzz x2, dap99, Stubacca, onyxrhino

VT-40

No. They came with rosewood. I have the first run of these.
    My mother doesnt like my avatar.

Originally Posted by diocide

I used to have a brass pick, but I stopped using it. After using it, my fingers would smell like i fingered a Terminator and I just couldn't get past that. I'm a ****************ing weirdo, I know.

Church of Wolves

http://churchofwolves.bandcamp.com

Comment

Humbuckies or 90s?
      I trust:duderanimous, wacopacco, CiceroTJones, veil x2, moon shadow, SirJackedFuzz x2, dap99, Stubacca, onyxrhino

VT-40

Comment

60s tributes only comes with p90s and 60s neck. The 50s tributes are the ones with humbuckers and the larger 50s style neck.

I used to have a brass pick, but I stopped using it. After using it, my fingers would smell like i fingered a Terminator and I just couldn't get past that. I'm a ****************ing weirdo, I know.

Church of Wolves

Comment

Ah. Gotcha.

How do you like it?

Do you feel you got your moneys worth?

VT-40

Comment

I like it a lot. I prefer a 50s style neck but it's not a bad feeling neck by any stretch of the imagination. The pick ups sound great but I'm considering higher output Bareknuckle pig90s for it considering the type of music I mainly play. All in all, I paid $800 new and I don't regret it at all.

Church of Wolves

Comment

Cool man thats good to know.

Thanks for the info.

I am in a toss up between one of these (or the 50s model) and an Electromatic Gretsch single cutaway in white.

The thing about the Les Pauls is that I would have to go used as I didn't really like the Baked Maple fretboards that I tried.

The debate in my head continues.

VT-40

Comment

If you can find a 50s I'd jump on it. I wanted one badly when they came out. Went with a 60s due to my love of p90s. If they came out with a 50s with p90s and rosewood fretboard that wasn't this new multiply bull**************** they are going to be coming out with I'd ****************ing be all about it. Only issue with my guitar is I think a ground came loose. when I turn the volume for the neck pickup all the way down there is still some signal going through. I had this issue with my SG after putting new pick ups in. So nothing that should concern you. Even if it did happen, it's a quick fix with a soldering iron.

Church of Wolves

Comment

Just want to clarify, the original 50s tributes that came out two years ago that were a limited run had p90s, not HBs. Then last year they did the 60s limited run (larger run, but still limited), also p90s (not advertised as having orange drop caps) and a 60s neck.

Since then I think there was an extremely limited number of (maybe each?) with HBs. And now the ones with dark backs and the baked maple. I'll admit I haven't followed everything since I got my 60s last year.

Comment

Me too... the 2012's have the baked necks I think...
                    Originally Posted by marc758

There is something about a gold top.

The Bassmen - Proud Fender Bassman Players
                    My old band: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/dragstripriot
                    Gibson Les Paul junior/'67 Fender Bassman/Marshall JCM800 cab
                    '91 MIJ fender p bass/'68 Kustom K100/2 15" Marshall JCM800 bass cabs

Comment

I had a 50s & sold it for a 60s; liked the tapered neck lots more; to each his own though... they are great guitars...
                      Originally Posted by marc758

There is something about a gold top.

The Bassmen - Proud Fender Bassman Players
                      My old band: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/dragstripriot
                      Gibson Les Paul junior/'67 Fender Bassman/Marshall JCM800 cab
                      '91 MIJ fender p bass/'68 Kustom K100/2 15" Marshall JCM800 bass cabs

Comment

Just want to clarify, the original 50s tributes that came out two years ago that were a limited run had p90s, not HBs. Then last year they did the 60s limited run (larger run, but still limited), also p90s (not advertised as having orange drop caps) and a 60s neck.

Since then I think there was an extremely limited number of (maybe each?) with HBs. And now the ones with dark backs and the baked maple. I'll admit I haven't followed everything since I got my 60s last year.

Strange. I never saw 50s tributes with p90s. Or maybe my memory is ****************ed.

Church of Wolves

Comment

I had to choose between p90s and HBs in my 50's tribute; I chose HB's
                          Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC

slam a redbear with a rat and get ready for a one man bukakke tsunami.

Comment

I had to choose between p90s and HBs in my 50's tribute; I chose HB's

Well **************** my eye socket this is bull ****************. I want a god damn 50s tribute with p90s!

Church of Wolves

Comment

I want an SG with p90s, if only I had actual money
                              Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC

slam a redbear with a rat and get ready for a one man bukakke tsunami.

Comment

Working...
                              X