NGD: Jaguar content

• Members

I was pretty set on getting another Tele until I found this guy at my local GC :love: Probably the most comfortable guitar I've played on yet and I was really surprised how well it can hold lower tunings (I primarily play in Drop C). Can't wait to throw a set of Bare Knuckle Pig 90's in there with my next paycheck :cop:

91l9ix.jpg

• Members

Is that a modern player? I played a trans black one the other day and it was sweet. I'll probably pick one up soon.

Nah, it's a Blacktop Jag B90. The P90s in mine actually sound pretty raunchy and nasty compared to other P90 guitars I've played on. Super punchy tone and even more so when I pair it up with my Green Rhino and Marshall. Fender really hit it out of the park with these Jag B90's.

• Members

Nah, it's a Blacktop Jag B90. The P90s in mine actually sound pretty raunchy and nasty compared to other P90 guitars I've played on. Super punchy tone and even more so when I pair it up with my Green Rhino and Marshall. Fender really hit it out of the park with these Jag B90's.

How are you digging the Green Rhino? Can it get sparkly?

Very nice - HNGD!

BTW, how's the neck on it?

INCREDIBLY comfortable. I'm not a huge fan of poly finished necks, but it really works on the Jag. Fretwork is probably the best I've ever seen on a MIM Fender as well.

Cool! The one I tried at NAMM was pretty darned nice, and the neck was reasonably slim and quite comfortable - I was just wondering how consistent they are, and based on your report, it sounds like yours is basically the same in that regard.

• Members

I've got Ernie Ball Beefy Slinky's (.11-.54) on it for now, but I'm gonna keep experimenting with different gauges and brands to see what works best with the short scale.

Those are the strings i use on all my guitars, from my gibsons in drop B to my jazzmasters in E standard. With those you should be able to do anything from C standard to E standard with no issues, even with the 24" scale length.

• Members

Those are the strings i use on all my guitars, from my gibsons in drop B to my jazzmasters in E standard. With those you should be able to do anything from C standard to E standard with no issues, even with the 24" scale length.

Oh yeah, I found out pretty quick how well the Beefy Slinkys work. I'm able to downtune to AGCFAD with no tuning stability issues at all :cop:

• Members

Oh yeah, I found out pretty quick how well the Beefy Slinkys work. I'm able to downtune to AGCFAD with no tuning stability issues at all
:cop:

Damn that's pretty low on the low string, i could never get mine to intonate correctly below a B with a 24" scale.

• Members

Damn that's pretty low on the low string, i could never get mine to intonate correctly below a B with a 24" scale.

I don't have a whole lot of issues with intonation on mine :idk: Maybe it has something to do with the TOM/Stop tail bridge being more stable than the traditional vibrato bridge?

Archived