offsquiers

victor2k

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those look pretty cool, but my Mascis isn't hitting the spam thread anytime soon. Might make a few more mods to it too:

NPD-PuppyandPickguard023.jpg

I'm right now deliberating about whether to get a friend in Japan to send me one of those or just try and get a j mascis squier down here. It's a bit of a mission but the next guitars I need are single coils and with the JM/Jag switching system.

• Members

Smells fishy to me.

-The OP over at OSG joined on 3/31/12 and this was their only post.

-The post at OSG claimed the pictures "had been floating around for about a month", but Tineye.com didn't find the pictures anywhere else online.

If this is a hoax, it's pretty well done except for creating the alt the day before. The pictures are pretty obviously photoshopped, just like real ones from Fender. The trem is in the "vintage" position but the lock button was deleted, so it isn't too perfect. They look good, but not too good to be true. The timing might just be a coincidence, but I'm skeptical.

If these are actually real and they wind up being available in the US, the CAR will be mine. Oh, yeah.

• Members

My guess is that these are fake. Squier seldom puts out models with this many different colors for one model. And to have the features that the AVRI has is ludicrous. It doesn't make financial sense. The only thing that makes sense is to make similar version of the Mascis JM in different colors, production wise this is the most viable option here. And I believe Phil has stated several times that he has asked the Fender/Squier people if other colors were coming and they said no.

Archived