OT: Sour Blonde, Lambic, Geuze, Kriek

tronus

• Members

I was introduced to Russian River's Temptation by a friend and was hooked from then on. Another favorite he had me try was a 3 Fonteien Oude Kriek. They were so good! We tried a bunch of others over a period of about 6 months but I didn't make a list for some stupid reason. Just wondering if any of you guys are into that style of beer at all? :wave:

• Members

I love kriek, it's made with a really sour cherry from my region. My favorite one is a brand called 'Mort Subite'. Lindemans kinda took over but I think it's maybe a little too sweet.

Mort%20Subite%20Kriek%20-%20375ml%20-%20

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Holy crap, the beer thread just reminded me I started this thread.

@smallsnd/bigsnd: Heck yea!

@pepperduck: Duchess and Grand Cru are some of the only ones I can get in this town! I need to go back and try them some more... I had them on break once and headed back to California, where I did the majority of my sour beer... exploration?

@juri: That's really neat man... I'm gonna see getting a hold of that Mort Subite/Lindermans to try this weekend.

• Members

ah... sweet beers are consumed by old people and women over here... where i live every town in my region basically has his own beer...

this is my town beer:

bier-wittoen.jpg

when i was younger i stumbled out of this pub alot:

http://www.brugsbeertje.be/index_en.htm

Wow man, that's pretty awesome. If my friend were here he'd be asking me to ask you to ship us some Belgium geuze!

I always wanted to be an old lady! I tend to shy away from the overly sweet/cidery beers. I just kinda gravitated towards the sours with the funky ass flavor. I really like some of the Krieks I've gotten to try though. They are a bit sweet but not in a obvious cheesy way, it seems.

I read the reviews on your local beer and it sounds pretty tasty, actually. My buddy was always freaking out about Cantillon. Is that stuff just common place around there?

Just looked at the beer line up at your pub link... What the F... I want to come visit that place!

• Members

Damn, didn't know these beers were popular outside my country borders. I'm more into dark flavors myself. Grimbergen mainly at the moment, not too pricey or heavy/strong. In fact, I'm gonna have to cut down a bit. My daily 3 or 4 a night habit isn't so much a problem for me, but my g/f doesn't exactly appreciate my love for fine brews:s

• Members

I live a few blocks from the Cascade Brewing barrel house. They have at least 8 different sour ales on tap at any given time. Every Tuesday, they release a new one. It's crazy sour beer nirvana there. I have two bottles of their Bourbonic Plague (gold medal at the Great American Beer Fest in its category) and one Vlad the Imp Aler (silver medal at GABF) in my fridge right now, even.

• Members

I live a few blocks from the Cascade Brewing barrel house. They have at least 8 different sour ales on tap at any given time. Every Tuesday, they release a new one. It's crazy sour beer nirvana there. I have two bottles of their
(gold medal at the Great American Beer Fest in its category) and one
(silver medal at GABF) in my fridge right now, even.

I hate you.

Archived