OT: Moving across the country

orangesix

• Members

i moved from austin to new york...then from new york to denver...if you're moving a good deal of stuff, i found budget to have pretty good deals on moving trucks...drove a 16' the first time and a 10' the second. the 10' wasn't to bad...it pretty much just felt like driving a 4 door truck with extended cab except no rearview mirror...

• Members

The wife and I moved from Denver to Ottawa, Canada. I had a trailer hitch installed on the Nissan Maxima and bought a small trailer off of Craigslist. The total cost was under $300. We didn't keep much furniture, just a king size bed, but we kept everything else that we owned.

• Members

i moved from austin to new york...then from new york to denver...if you're moving a good deal of stuff, i found budget to have pretty good deals on moving trucks...drove a 16' the first time and a 10' the second. the 10' wasn't to bad...it pretty much just felt like driving a 4 door truck with extended cab except no rearview mirror...

I've got experience driving trucks but I also need to get my two vehicles over there as well

• Members

Get rid of everything but what you can fit in your car. I moved across the country - basically just drove my car filled with clothes, guitars and amps. And an air mattress.

Figure out the cost and hassle of renting trucks, etc., and then balance that against the worth of the stuff that you would put inside of that truck. It was a no-brainer for me. The only {censored} I cared about fit in my car.

• Members

i've moved from michigan to CA. CA to nashville and then Nashville back to michigan.

out of college i got a moving company bc i got 50% off through our alumini club. after that i sold everything and only took what fit in my car.

• Members

We moved from Ottawa to BC. Got rid of plenty of stuff and had a mover take care of the rest. We drove across Canada (me, Mrs. Cheeks and two sprogs), camping as we went along. Took our time. I'm glad I didn't go the U-haul route because I hate driving trucks.

• Members

My girlfriend and I moved from London, UK to Long Beach, CA last year. Pretty much sold all the crap I didn't need/want anymore and shipped my guitars. Really nice to start fresh and just buy a few things here and there that you need.

How are you liking Long Beach?

• 1 month later...

Archived