X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jel

Just found this guy after watching some Dosh vids on youtube. Pretty dope. Anyone know of him?

Decolonize

Yep. He's been doing hot **************** for years now. Solo stuff, production half of Themselves, also involved with Subtle and 13 & God (which is Themselves and The Notwist.)
    octatrack + monomachine mkII + live 8 + samples = crap.
    also starring: Fender Strat / P-Bass, 828mkII, ADAM A7s, Vox VT30, TC Electronics RH750, some effect pedals, Venture Bros. DVDs

Comment

I'm a huge fan, Soft Money was the soundtrack to my life at 14 years old. Really love his jel work and also all the bands he's involved with. Inspiring!
      My Board

Forum Hotties:MakuseruSukotto, Parah Salin, Letsgocoyote, Kriista,Scarlet Theory

http://indigowolf.bandcamp.com/ (Guitars and Keys)
      www.myspace.com/mdogpinecone

www.facebook.com/mathias.w.dowle

Originally Posted by rhcp311

Damn it, I hate people. If it wasn't for people, **************** like this wouldn't exist!

Comment

bump. tis sick
        Decolonize

Comment

I like the way he pushes that play button

Comment

I like the way he pushes that play button

it would be true statement if it were true but he is obviously playing the pads in realtime and making the beats as well as triggering samples simultaneously.
            Decolonize

Comment

it would be true statement if it were true but he is obviously playing the pads in realtime and making the beats as well as triggering samples simultaneously.

don't bother
              good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

Originally Posted by Naterel

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
              soundcloud
              facebook

Comment

So he's pressing several play buttons at once then.
                Excellent deals done: cmloeffler - GDan - mr benn - kpd78 - ArrMatey - Melx - Daryl Chaney - rememberduane - Barnaby, Hardly - Kid_A - plecoman - mattybigfro - Loobs - Hanglow - Free The Guilty - gjhardwick - Tengo - hangwire - Ancient Mariner - Headlow - ZoomRMC - uncle psychosis - daysofspeed - chisa - JBJ - Mozart82 - Rogsrevenge - theboywho - SG1 - Cirrus - Kayzer - Teahead - AF-100 - stella_blues - woolyh -

Comment

Nice stuff. Makes me want to get back into the MPC. It's been a while for me.
                  —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

So he's pressing several play buttons at once then.

did you watch it? go eat your face
                    Decolonize

Comment

To be fair, i do the same things with my hands on a regular basis.

Comment

love The Notwist.
                        Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
                        likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

wow, what was that I just watched. pretty cool. dark hip hop-y stuff
                          OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

what's that pad, MPC ?

Comment

Jel is class. I saw Subtle a couple of years ago in Dublin. They were amazing. They played this weird double header with Grizzly Bear, but in two different venues. Subtle didnt get on stage til after midnight. We ended up sneaking upstairs and sitting behind the lads from grizzly bear for half of it. csb.

what's that pad, MPC ?

Yeah, its an MPC2000xl. Hes got a boss SP-303 there too

Faldoe, have you listened to any 13&God? Heres their latest track:

and this is them live:

Some people dont really dig doseones voice, but i think hes great.

Comment

Working...
                              X