Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all of the BAT stuff is very versatyle. i'd go for a Pharaoh.

if you have a loud clean amp that would be the way to go, imho.

if you're looking for something crazier like an octave fuzz my Zvex Octane III does a lot of stuff. i've had mine for about a year and i still discover new sounds everytime i fiddle with it because it is pretty sensitive to the way you dial it and oscillates in an awesome way with the volume past 90%. works great with drop tunings, especially, imo.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">&quot;15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus.&quot; - hwaorang</font><br />
    <br />
    <font size="1">&quot;play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb&quot; - wiklund87</font><br />
    <br />
    <font size="1">&quot;Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees.&quot; - big69</font></div>

Comment

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><a href="http://effectextra.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">&lt;fx blog&gt;.</a><br />
      <br />
      <b>Great Deals With:</b> sparkfriction, Elessar [Sly], WAWBanks, SG1, robw, eerock, deftoneboy, gae86, Army of Darkness, beexter, Robzilla, woolyh, ollenorin, gjhardwick, miffa 55, steinwand, digital, indigoguy, mr benn, silent-strat, chrispy108, Kayzer, jo_to_2, attic, uncle psychosis, Astatine, JBJ, red_riviera, Loobster, melx, gambit, ampman1989, TheBrainPolice, HeartfeltDawn, extremelybored, IvIark, CitizenErased, Jakkeh, garymcq, Jockman, ChrisB, Teleman1985, benmuky</font></div>

Comment

^

tell me about that one.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">&quot;15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus.&quot; - hwaorang</font><br />
        <br />
        <font size="1">&quot;play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb&quot; - wiklund87</font><br />
        <br />
        <font size="1">&quot;Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees.&quot; - big69</font></div>

Comment

+1 on the Zoom Ultra Fuzz. Great pedal.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Red">Good Deals with...</font><font color="Black"> Melx</font><br><br><font color="Black"><font face="Arial"><font size="1">Guitars - Shergold, Charvel, Yamaha, Squier<br><br>Effects - Zoom UltraFuzz &gt; Korg DT10 &gt; EHX POG2 &gt; EHX Nano Small Stone &gt; Tim &gt;Dano F'nC &gt; MXR stereo chorus &gt; Boss RE-20 &gt; Boss RC-2<br><br>Amps - Marshall JCM800 4010 - Mesa Boogie Studio 22 - Ferrograph </font>.</font></font></div>

Comment

^

tell me about that one.

Guyatone TZm5:

It can produce a massive variety of fuzz tones, from thin and scratchy to thick and heavy; gated, velcro-fuzz to long, harmonically rich sustain.
            This is all thanks to the two-way 'Phase' switch which radically changes the fuzz voicing, and the input attenuator control. (But it doesn't oscillate.)

It cleans up well and can even be used as a clean boost or slightly gritty overdrive which turns a bit fuzzy when you dig in.
            It also works just as well with clean or dirty amps, both tube or solid state.

It's a great pedal in my opinion.

The only potential issue is that, if you have a very bright base-tone set on your amp, the 'Negative phase' mode may be a bit too bright and, as the Tone control is more of a filter which affects the texture of the fuzz as much as the actual tone/EQ, if it is too bright (which is a matter of taste, of course) that brightness can't really be dialled out... but then it could just be me, as I don't particularly like bright fuzz tones.

In the 'Positive phase' mode (which is the thicker, fuzzier mode) it isn't a problem at.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><a href="http://effectextra.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">&lt;fx blog&gt;.</a><br />
            <br />
            <b>Great Deals With:</b> sparkfriction, Elessar [Sly], WAWBanks, SG1, robw, eerock, deftoneboy, gae86, Army of Darkness, beexter, Robzilla, woolyh, ollenorin, gjhardwick, miffa 55, steinwand, digital, indigoguy, mr benn, silent-strat, chrispy108, Kayzer, jo_to_2, attic, uncle psychosis, Astatine, JBJ, red_riviera, Loobster, melx, gambit, ampman1989, TheBrainPolice, HeartfeltDawn, extremelybored, IvIark, CitizenErased, Jakkeh, garymcq, Jockman, ChrisB, Teleman1985, benmuky</font></div>

Comment

^

tell me about that one.

Found a review here

Comment

Guyatone TZm5:

It can produce a massive variety of fuzz tones, from thin and scratchy to thick and heavy; gated, velcro-fuzz to long, harmonically rich sustain.
                This is all thanks to the two-way 'Phase' switch which radically changes the fuzz voicing, and the input attenuator control. (But it doesn't oscillate.)

It cleans up well and can even be used as a clean boost or slightly gritty overdrive which turns a bit fuzzy when you dig in.
                It also works just as well with clean or dirty amps, both tube or solid state.

It's a great pedal in my opinion.

The only potential issue is that, if you have a very bright base-tone set on your amp, the 'Negative phase' mode may be a bit too bright and, as the Tone control is more of a filter which affects the texture of the fuzz as much as the actual tone/EQ, if it is too bright (which is a matter of taste, of course) that brightness can't really be dialled out... but then it could just be me, as I don't particularly like bright fuzz tones.

In the 'Positive phase' mode (which is the thicker, fuzzier mode) it isn't a problem at.

thanks! that was very detailed
                <br />
                <br />

Comment

+1eleventy to the Fuzz Factory and I'll add the Mid-Fi Electronics Demo Tape Fuzz to the list. Incredible pedal IMO.

Comment

+1eleventy to the Fuzz Factory and I'll add the Mid-Fi Electronics Demo Tape Fuzz to the list. Incredible pedal IMO.

i kinda like the Fuzz Factory but i'm not the biggest fan of it. definitely wanna try the Tape Fuzz, that sounds amazing in every clip i've heard of it. fits the bill for crazy.
                    <br />
                    <br />

Comment

in to read later

Comment

Short review I posted on ILF a while back of the Basic Audio Squarewave+, one of the most flexible fuzzies I've played in a while.

Squarewave+: This one I feel like I didn't get enough time with. This one has a deep control set that can really change the range of tones available.
                        Some fuzzes can do lower gain but really just excel at the higher gain stuff (or vice versa). Not the case here.

The squarewave + reminded me of the Algal Bloom on steroids (Tonally the AB is a different fuzz, but it's the best I can do as far as giving you a reference point to jump off from) in that it was a fuzz that was equally comfortable in the lower gain ranges (with diodes off), as well as the higher gain settings (diodes in).
                        Low gain od, warm slight crunch, thick distortion, nasty splatty fuzz. All there.

I should add that the squarewave+ was never especially hard to dial in...with so many tones available you'd think it might be super touchy, jumping from one extreme to the next at the bump of a knob.
                        Not so. The clipping toggle helps keep things straight forward (unless you hate toggles).
                        With a name like squarewave you'd think it's just this droney synth like fuzz (I blame univox ), but this was a really flexible swiss army od/dirt/fuzz box.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Courier New"><b><font color="Sienna"><br />
                        Run!<br />
                        </font><br />
                        <br />
                        <br />
                        <br />
                        <br />
                        <font size="1">There are some that call me... Morningstaru?</font><br />
                        <br />
                        </b></font></div>

Comment

de Lisle Fuzz
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">- Chad<br><br><br><br><font size="1"><br><br>Endorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals<br><br></font></div>

Comment

+1 on the Fuzz Factory.

Comment

Working...
                            X