Isis + Deftones??

iamthearm

• Members

boring? That last Deftones album was one of their absolute best to my ears.

there's a {censored}load of people that swear by the last few isis albums too. IMHO there was nothing outstanding about anything past celestial and for the deftones white pony.

• Members

i liked everything from Celestial to In the Absence of Truth really. i'm one of the few who like ItAoT, but i think most of the tracks are really well written on it and the melodic sense is amazing too, especially in the stuff like Garden of Light.

last album sucked though.

i can't stand Deftones though. hate that band.

• Members

i liked everything from Celestial to In the Absence of Truth really. i'm one of the few who like ItAoT, but i think most of the tracks are really well written on it and the melodic sense is amazing too, especially in the stuff like Garden of Light.

last album sucked though.

i can't stand Deftones though. hate that band.

Garden of light is awesome!

• Members

there's a {censored}load of people that swear by the last few isis albums too. IMHO there was nothing outstanding about anything past celestial and for the deftones white pony.

wat

Panopticon is amazing. Diamond Eyes is incredible. Agreed that Absence of Truth & Wavering Radiant are a bit by the numbers but they still have some good tracks. I'm looking forward to this project.

• Members

Yes this... I couldn't listen to anything pre White Pony without conjuring images of Fred Durst, Stained and Papa Roach.

I could definitely see how you get that association, but I still think Around the Fur is their best album by far. There was no comparison between Deftones and those bands who were terrible. I like White Pony a lot, but I've always felt the production and the album as a whole was thin sounding.

• Members

Yeah Deftones have been hit or miss for a long time. The B sides and Rarities album is pretty awesome though. Its in my normal rotation. I'd be pissed if I was in Deftones position, getting lumped in with all the flash in the pan bull{censored} bands.

Archived