The Smiths to do a Reunion Tour!?

thefool

• Members

I'd definitely love to see one happen, but I don't think Johnny has any desire to have to deal with Morrissey's whining anymore.

Why would you want to see it? Morrissey's lost so much of the voice he had with the Smiths. The covers he's done with his band over the last few years have routinely awful. Undoubtedly a lot of the romance behind the Smiths is because they released so much in such a short space of time. Reforming would be {censored}ting all over that legacy and I'd hope that both Morrissey and Marr will never do that.

• Members

Why would you want to see it? Morrissey's lost so much of the voice he had with the Smiths. The covers he's done with his band over the last few years have routinely awful. Undoubtedly a lot of the romance behind the Smiths is because they released so much in such a short space of time. Reforming would be {censored}ting all over that legacy and I'd hope that both Morrissey and Marr will never do that.

Wow. I see it about 180 off from you! I love the Smiths but Morrissey's solo stuff has been mostly great ever since (yeah, a few bum albums in there, but also some truly great ones.) I think he's singing better now than when they started - fuller, less affected than the early stuff. I've seen him live a few times over the last 20 (gasp!) years, and he seems to be aging very gracefully. Not many rock vocalists can claim the same - seen any of DLR's recent VH reunion clips on youtube?

• Members

I don't think a reunion will ever happen. There was an opportunity for one at Coachella a few years back when Modest Mouse and Moz both perfrormed on the same day - it didn't happen then, and probably won't at any other point in time. I for one am just stoked Moz has been playing Smiths tunes again. Saw him in November when they opened with I Want the One I can't Have, and also busted out Still Ill & Meat is Murder. I'll admit his voice has changed, but yours will too after 30 years! The most remarkable thing about the Smiths (imho) is that they released all that great material in such a short amount of time, when they were pretty much teenagers.

• Members

List of bands he's been in since The Smiths

The Pretenders

The The

Electronic

Johnny Marr and the Healers

Modest Mouse

The Cribs

Yep, he's a bedroom warrior all right.

Plus he did some great work with the Talking Heads and Niel Finn.

Seeing a Smiths reunion concert would be like seeing the Beatles. To me.

Archived