Bourbon Sundae

• Members

Every once in a while i like to whip up a Bourbon Sundae after work... This entails nothing more then being to wiped to make myself a proper Manhattan so I just plop a maraschino cherry in my Bulleit Rye.

Id like to propose a toast to all the blue collar mother {censored}ers who love their reverb pedals.

CSB complete.

• Members

Every once in a while i like to whip up a Bourbon Sundae after work... This entails nothing more then being to wiped to make myself a proper Manhattan so I just plop a maraschino cherry in my Bulleit Rye.

Id like to propose a toast to all the blue collar mother {censored}ers who love their reverb pedals.

CSB complete.

that {censored}'ll be the death of ya, but like Paul Westerburg says, "I'll take a great big whiskey atchya any way". :thu:

• Members

Yay reverb

IMG_3268a.jpg

Nice pic.

You good Sir are doing it right. No one has made a better verb...yet... then Malekko, in my opinion.

ChristianATL and I were just talking about those cheap black Big Muffs and how they went from cheap as {censored} 40 dollar used steals to high ticket items. I regret selling mine when prices were super low. I did like the sound of it though... I sold it because I was recording at the time and falling hard down the dirt box flavor station.

• Members

Recently had a proper old fashioned with Bulliet that was awesome... but as far as rye goes, I really prefer Russell's Reserve.

And after hitting 5 distilleries a couple weekends back, I've gotta say that Wild Turkey was a really pleasant surprise overall. Buffalo Trace is still my favorite, but I really enjoyed the experience @ Wild Turkey. Their barrel proof "Rare Breed" bourbon was the highlight of the trip. (Other than getting a private tasting w/ Maker's Mark Master Distiller Greg Davis.)

Also planning to pick up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch sometime soon. That's a great bourbon.

• Members

Recently had a proper old fashioned with Bulliet that was awesome... but as far as rye goes, I really prefer Russell's Reserve.

And after hitting 5 distilleries a couple weekends back, I've gotta say that Wild Turkey was a really pleasant surprise overall. Buffalo Trace is still my favorite, but I really enjoyed the experience @ Wild Turkey. Their barrel proof "Rare Breed" bourbon was the highlight of the trip. (Other than getting a private tasting w/ Maker's Mark Master Distiller Greg Davis.)

Also planning to pick up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch sometime soon. That's a great bourbon.

Wild Turkey gets a bad rap. Its a shame too because as a mixer in a traditional Mint Julep or an Old Fashioned it really shines. Nothing to complex and it lends itself to other ingredients.

• Members

Bulleit Rye is my current whiskey mistress.

I was under the impression that the Knob Creek Rye wasn't supposed to be out until July, but one of the local liquor stores had it, so I picked that up last night. Oh man. So good. Not $40 good, but good nonetheless.

• Members

Where else did you go? I was super jazzed to be going to Nashville to catch the Godspeed show there then stick around for a week in search of magical whiskey treats... Everywhere was the same old {censored}, Crown, Jack or Jim... No thank you. Yes I realize Kentucky is the king but Tennessee should have offered more.

• Members

Bulleit Rye is my current whiskey mistress.

I was under the impression that the Knob Creek Rye wasn't supposed to be out until July, but one of the local liquor stores had it, so I picked that up last night. Oh man. So good. Not $40 good, but good nonetheless.

I used to keep a bottle of Knob Creek around but lately I have been enjoying the Bulleit Rye so much more and its cheaper so that helps too.

• Members

If you're interested, let me know a couple days in advance and you can probably swing by Bierkraft and try it.

Beirkraft is one of my fav spots in my neighborhood. The bottle selection is OK but what is the hook, line and sinker is the always rotating draft selection and those sandwiches... My god those sandwiches are like the best gift ever. Finish up that sandwich and pint with a sea salt caramel and you are gold.

Do you work there?

Archived