OT: Need a wireless keyboard for a Smart TV (Samsung)

dap99

• Members

So I finally upgraded our TV w/ a Samsung LED Smart TV. So far so good. But using the remote to type stuff in is a PITA. Samsung makes a QWERTY remote, but I like the idea of having a wireless keyboard.

Anyone do this? Familiar w/this? Are they all compatible w/ any TV? Or do you need to get the same brand? I'm kinda clueless here. Thanks!

• Members

If I recall, the Keyboard has to be Bluetooth 2.1 compatible as well as Android compatible in order to work w/ a Samsung Smart TV. My Apple wireless keyboard won't work on my Samsung TVs. So I ended up buying a Samsung wireless keyboard w/ the integrated touchpad and the built in tv remote.

• Members

I dont know about apple wireless keyboards...but there is a Samsung APP you can download that is really good, to control their Smart TV's. It has a qwerty keyboard on it, as well as other controls.

Yup, I found that one and it's really cool. My only issue is this: when on the web on your TV, you can't scroll around easily at all - just like the remote, you have to use arrow buttons. Samsung has a remote that has QWERTY, but I'm gonna see what else I can find. My TV is a newer model so I wasn't able to get any help from tech support. Morons - release a product, but don't have anyone knowedgeable about it. fail.

Archived