My kid is 2 years old today - AKA why doesn't brian post on HC anymore

• Members

Two years ago today was the scariest/best day of my life.

My daughter Olivia was born. The wife was in labor forever and eventually had an semi-emergency C-section. The wife was scared and woke up in the middle of being cut open. I spent the first few hours of her life holding her waiting for the doctors to put mom back together. Even then it took a few more hours for all the drugs to wear off to the point that mom could even hold Olivia.

Since then I've had little free time to read/post on HC. We were pretty lucky. She was sleeping through the night at 2 months. Rarely wakes up screaming. Potty trained at 18~19 months. She was walking/running at 9 months. Most of my free time is spent playing, reading her books and keeping her out of stuff. She know all her letters and numbers 1-10. She's starting to figure out what letters words start with. She loves music and will dance to anything from twinkle twinkle little star to Anarchy in the UK.

Anyway, here's a recent picture of her eating an awesome grilled cheese sandwich while we were out at dinner over the weekend.

olivia.jpg

• Members

Congrats! Kids certainly do take up a tremendous amount of time and energy, and I'm finding an ever increasing amount of funds as well. It's worth it of course, but you gotta make time for yourself and the missus too. Balance in everything I suppose. I have a 6, 10 and almost teenager now. Plus 8 pets. I somehow still post here, but usually at work when I need a break from reality.

But my new motto is "Play more, work less". I wasn't very good at keeping that work/life balance recently. Reevaluated how much time I've been working and away from the fam.

• Members

I have 4 (3 daughters and a son) and having kids is the best experience a man can have. A lot of guys that I know who are having their first are hoping for a boy but the Daddy worship that a daughter gives is second to none. Congrats on your wonderful child.

I am able to post here some from work but I rarely post from home. It is very busy in my household.

• Members

I have 4 (3 daughters and a son) and having kids is the best experience a man can have. A lot of guys that I know who are having their first are hoping for a boy but the Daddy worship that a daughter gives is second to none. Congrats on your wonderful child.

I am able to post here some from work but I rarely post from home. It is very busy in my household.

Yeah, before she was born I kinda thought a son would be great... but you know what. She's just so freaking awesome. Always wants daddy for story time, playtime... but also for butt wiping time too. The last part I wish she'd go to mom for though. :D

And yeah... I'm at work posting. My wife broke my notebook at home and I haven't even had time to go out and look to replace it. Not even sure I have the time to use it anyway.

• Members

Very cool.

The idea of parenthood both excites and scares the living {censored} out of me.

Still does for me too. I still can't believe I have this little person living in my house who depends on us for everything.

I think if it doesn't both scare and excite you there's something wrong.

Archived