I want my tone but more growl and snarl

omni

• Members

No squealing feedback just growl and middy snarl.

Anyone make something to do that? I use Les Pauls and Strat into a Mesa recto. I love the tone it just needs that over the top sound. I have never found it. I has to sound organic and mean. My amp is always set on vintage high gain. No modern shrill. Don't even mention an EQ or TS.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Snarl with more growl but no noise and bull{censored}.. I have yet to hear a pedal that can do it. Clean boosts don't do it and change the tone add noise...Yes, I had a Klon..no good fer that.

• Members

The Astrotone is great for this, and closer to distortion than fuzz. Also, don't through all the fuzzes into the same box, the different designs can sound radically different. I recommend either a Beano Boost or a ParaEQ. Radically different animals, but you can really work with your amp to get the tone you want with either.

• Members

The Astrotone is great for this, and closer to distortion than fuzz. Also, don't through all the fuzzes into the same box, the different designs can sound radically different. I recommend either a Beano Boost or a ParaEQ. Radically different animals, but you can really work with your amp to get the tone you want with either.

I have all the distortion I need.. I hate fuzz tones. I just want what I asked for...

• Members

The beano like The rangemaster is mainly for low overdrive amps.. I'm not sure if people know what I'm taling about..it's that tone when you dig in and everything just kinda comes alive.

• Members

The beano like The rangemaster is mainly for low overdrive amps.. I'm not sure if people know what I'm taling about..it's that tone when you dig in and everything just kinda comes alive.

Have you tried one with your amp? They do add a lot of responsiveness.

Also, did I count 7 posts in a row? You know you can put multiple sentences into one post, right?

Archived