Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i've just put on some Fender Pure Nickel strings..

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i've just put on some Fender Pure Nickel strings..

definitely less bright when straight on, i guess they're more like 'the day after' sounds you'd get from a new set of nickelwounds. not a bad thing at all. no spiky high strings..

they play really nicely and stay in tune as well as wound strings do from what i can tell, whether you could justify the extra cost.. i doubt it.. we'll see how they last.

nice to have a change though.

oh yeah.. the only pure nickel strings i could get in the shop were Fender's. i can't decide if the colour scheme for the ball-ends is crass or just amusing

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheColdNorthWind#g/u" target="_blank">Youtube Pedal Vids</a><br />
    <b><font color="Black"><font size="2">For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)</font></font></b><br />
    <font color="indigo"><font size="1">ToneFactor Nebular - £40<br />
    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46<br />
    </font></font><font size="1"><font color="YellowGreen">Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat</font></font></div>

Nice! Like daddarios.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="1"><font color="#996633">Smooth deals with: <i>duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookie</i><br><br></font><font color="tan">Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster<br>Gibson 2013 SG Standard<br>Fender Deville III 4x10<br><b><i>Oh Henry!</i></b> chocolate bars<br>Pedals n' stuff</font></font></font><br><br><b><a href="http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com</a></b><br><br><br></div>

Comment

Nice! Like daddarios.

Yup - except with Fender-centric color coding for the ball ends. I think it's kind of cute - and funny.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
      X