OT: Comic Books!

thefool

• Members

who out there is a comic nerd, i know there are plenty of you in this forum, what are y'all reading right now lets get a good comic book thread going on! I'm currenty reading locke & key, preacher, and y the last man. what about the rest of you

• Members

I can't keep up with anything anymore, too expensive and too many damn crossovers/"events" to really bother. I'll sometimes buy trades, sometimes I'll download, but nothing has really grabbed me in quite a while. Last books I was reading: Locke & Key, Chew, DMZ, Walking Dead, Bomb Queen, Hack/Slash, Popbot, Fell.

I wish Ellis would do more Nextwave, or Marvel would have some sense and do a cartoon or movie. With the popularity of stuff like Kick-Ass and other violet/dark humor/anti-hero stuff it would be a cash cow, but not many people have read it. It was brilliant.

• Members

I get to read a lot of them at work, nothing too current though. Achewood is the best by far for me, Chris Ware a close second. Persepolis, Maus, and Alan Moore are all amazing too. Definitely need to read Y the Last Man, heard a bunch of good things.

• Members

I can't keep up with anything anymore, too expensive and too many damn crossovers/"events" to really bother. .

Ditto. That's one reason I really liked Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man. Started everything from scratch and kept the crossovers to a minimum.

• Members

The Walking Dead, currently. Thinking about jumping into Y. How is it?

Y is awesome, i have the first volume of the deluxe volumes and just finished it. it was really awesome just ordered the 2nd. I also super recommend Chew. One of the best series I've read in so long. 5th trade just came out last week.

• Members

We3

I just bought this myself , it was good but I'm really only an Invisibles fan... and I liked Morrison's 'The Filth' too though.

I've never been able to get into anything else really, I started Transmetropolitan and got board after the first 3 graphic novels and I read the two un-men graphic novels too which were alright but not really my thing.

I just want Grant Morrison to write more invisbles or something similar. :)

• Members

I've been out of the comic loop since the late 90s but recently started rereading The Maxx. I was really into it back in the day but appreciate the story so much more now that I'm older and understand it better. I've got to track down the dozen or so issues I'm missing. In the meantime I've ordered the first Sandman, Ojo, and My Inner Bimbo trades.

• Members

Yeah, I read a fair number of comics.

Incorruptible is pretty good, if you're looking for something contemporary.

Transmetropolitan is probably one of my favorite books of all time.

Right now I'm reading Denny O'Neil's 80s run of The Question.

• Members

I know its kind of cheesy, but I actually still really like superhero stuff. Before I quit reading recently, I was really into the DC stuff, especially Green Arrow, The Flash, and Superman (and related crossover/ events), and Daredevil, Thor, and X-books from Marvel. I also was digging Chew and The Boys, and other Ennis stuff. I haven't bought any comics for a few months though, the shop I was going to closed down, then I started going to the one that took its place, and that one shut down, so I kind of gave up.

Edit: I'm also a big fan of Usagi Yojimbo, its always good, and easy to read.

• Members

I don't really read comics much anymore, but I never read the last volume of Morrison's Doom Patrol, so I decided to go back and read his whole run first, since it's been so long. I'm just finishing up The Painting That Ate Paris now. Good stuff.

Archived