OT - Played a Reverend Buckshot through a Genz-Benz Black Pearl yesterday

turnip

• Members

Reverend Buckshot was really nice. Felt very solid in the hand. Maple neck was not too hard or plasticy/glossy feeling (a common problem I have with maple necks). Pickups sounded great. Really liked the neck pup.

Belly cut was welcome. Did not like the volume knob... not enough taper. Just "OFF" and "on" and "ON". Also wanted an arm contour... the more I play "slab" guitars, the more I appreciate my Stratocaster. ;)

The Genz-Benz was phenomenal. Excellent tone no matter what setting I put it on. The ability to switch wattage was great (although at 8 watts it was still loud enough to pay with a drummer) and the "voicing circuitry" was neat. The Red Fangs sound great (why don't more guitar amps use 10"s? They are so PUNCHY! :D )

Anyway, yeah.

• Members

Black pearls for the past 3 years here. I have owned 1 combo and 1 head.

Sold combo to HC forum member and run head through a 1x12 Red Fang loaded cab.

Seriously considering a 4x10. I have yet to find an amp under $2500 that I like better.

• Members

Did you get to play a 3x10 model? That had to be sweet!

I played with a set neck reverend for a weekend gig once. Not having an arm contour was hard for me as well. My right arm sustained a clean break when I was in grade school, and that was the exact spot where my forearm rests on the guitar body.

It felt like I sprained the middle of my arm!

• Members

I've always wanted to try an ED. Just haven't found one in a nearby store yet.

The 60 watt is way nicer and tweak-able than the 100 watt version in my opinion. They are very loud amps and cover quite a bit of tonal range. Fun amps.

Archived