how much OT content can this board put up with?

I think we should come to an agreement on terms, or at least acknowledge our positions on what "OT" means. I will allow you to speak for yourself of course, but from the other thread, I got the impression that you felt a question about a Deluxe Reverb was off-topic for this forum and should be sent to the Amp forum.

Frankly, I disagree.

There are forums on this site that are strictly on-topic only. Per an overwhelming majority vote cast by the members of this forum shortly after I started moderating it back in '05, this is NOT one of those forums. Off-topic discussions are allowed, although I reserve the right to close them without comment if I feel they're being overly distracting, annoying or overwhelming.

However, it's HC. We're a music related site, and as such, I don't consider music related discussions as being egregiously off-topic. That includes amps and guitars. After all, what you plug into your pedals has a bearing on the sounds you get, and so does what amp you plug them into. :) Recording? Well obviously we use a lot of effects in the studio, and while I have a recording forum that could probably use the traffic (it has a lower post count in part because it's very strictly on-topic only :lol:), if people want to ask their recording questions over here among the people they're used to discussing things with, I don't have a problem with it, and I'll be just as happy to try to be as helpful to them over here, even though "my" forum isn't getting "credit" for it the posts or whatever.

• Members

I think we should come to an agreement on terms, or at least acknowledge our positions on what "OT" means. I will allow you to speak for yourself of course, but from the other thread, I got the impression that you felt a question about a Deluxe Reverb was off-topic for this forum and should be sent to the Amp forum.

Frankly, I disagree.

There are forums on this site that are strictly on-topic only. Per an overwhelming majority vote cast by the members of this forum shortly after I started moderating it back in '05, this is NOT one of those forums. Off-topic discussions are allowed, although I reserve the right to close them without comment if I feel they're being overly distracting, annoying or overwhelming.

However, it's HC. We're a music related site, and as such, I don't consider music related discussions as being egregiously off-topic. That includes amps and guitars. After all, what you plug into your pedals has a bearing on the sounds you get, and so does what amp you plug them into.
:)
Recording? Well obviously we use a lot of effects in the studio, and while I have a recording forum that could probably use the traffic (it has a lower post count in part because it's very strictly on-topic only
:lol:
), if people want to ask their recording questions over here among the people they're used to discussing things with, I don't have a problem with it, and I'll be just as happy to try to be as helpful to them over here, even though "my" forum isn't getting "credit" for it the posts or whatever.

GAH! Reply fail!!!! :(

• Members

Frankly, I disagree.

However, it's HC. We're a music related site, and as such, I don't consider music related discussions as being egregiously off-topic. That includes amps and guitars. After all, what you plug into your pedals has a bearing on the sounds you get, and so does what amp you plug them into.
:)
Recording? Well obviously we use a lot of effects in the studio, and while I have a recording forum that could probably use the traffic (it has a lower post count in part because it's very strictly on-topic only
:lol:
), if people want to ask their recording questions over here among the people they're used to discussing things with, I don't have a problem with it, and I'll be just as happy to try to be as helpful to them over here, even though "my" forum isn't getting "credit" for it the posts or whatever.

Phil next time i have a question, i will make sure to post in your forum for traffic points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhKuZolvc3Y

• Members

If you can't put up with OT subjects, then don't read them...that simple

I kind of agree with oinkbanana in the sense that if the website is plagued with OT posts, it becomes just one giant mess. Some OTs are awesome but some are completely pointless and could be taken to the Chat.

• Members

doesn't oinkbanana post in the cute girl thread?

pot v kettle

the supreme court ruled in pot v kettle that no matter how black one's cookware is it cannot be seperate from the stainless steel.

Archived