Pedalboards?

LSMFT6

• Members

Who do you all like for actual pedal boards? I had a PT Pro and hated that the case was separate from and heavier than my loaded board and I don't want a soft case.

I was looking at NYC Pedalboards but wanted to know if there's a similar company that can do it better/cheaper (I'll most likely need a custom job) not that there's anything wrong with their boards. Thanks.

• Members

Pedaltrain... you'll go back.

If you want the pedals all on a flat surface that just has a lid to go on, get the better quality flight case options from hybridcases in New Jersey. I've bought cases for various things (custom sizes) from them on several occasions and can definitely recommend them.

http://hybridcases.com/09/

• Members

IKEA makes great pedalboards... and they don't even know it.

Waaaaaaaaaaay cheap too.

But then he'd need a heavier than the fully loaded board case, or a soft case that he wouldn't want.

• Members

I'm enjoying my pedaltrain... the problem with the flat board pedalboards is that too much surface area gets eaten up by your power supply and cables. I still have my flat surface but I use it for synths... I was able to fit a lot more on a smaller board with the pedaltrain than the flat case because the power supply sits underneath and you can hang cable ends off the edges.

being able to rout cables underneath is a bonus, tho mines still a mess cus I can never keep a pedal combination for too long.

• Members

But then he'd need a heavier than the fully loaded board case, or a soft case that he wouldn't want.

Exactly my problem with the home-made Ikea boards that people are so proud of. Saving money on a board by itself is cool, but not as cool as having something that safely protects pedals for transport.

• Members

I'm enjoying my pedaltrain... the problem with the flat board pedalboards is that too much surface area gets eaten up by your power supply and cables. I still have my flat surface but I use it for synths... I was able to fit a lot more on a smaller board with the pedaltrain than the flat case because the power supply sits underneath and you can hang cable ends off the edges.

being able to rout cables underneath is a bonus, tho mines still a mess cus I can never keep a pedal combination for too long.

tHIS. I had a cheapie flight case type pedal board and hated it. Now that I have a PT, I can buy more pedals I don't really need.

• Members

I've been using a custom NYC pedalboard for about ten years. It's heavy but nearly indestructible, it's been through many bands, gig, jams, bars etc. Once the velcro padding got loose and the NYC guy fixed it for free, he has also sent me a couple of handles when they wore out. He ain't too friendly (he's all business) but he really supports his product 100%. Loaded with the top on (ready to transport), it weighs about 50 pounds.

rigsummer2011pedalboard.jpg

• Members

in general hard cases are gonna be heavy. you can't get around that.

pedaltrain boards themselves are pretty light, and you can't rag on them for wanting to put 15 pedals on the board.

I have a pt-pro with a soft case... and a diy board that I made that fits a keyboard case.

i'm a fan of the diy board that fits a keyboard case. I'm keeping my eye out for something to replace the pt-pro right now.

• Members

in general hard cases are gonna be heavy. you can't get around that.

pedaltrain boards themselves are pretty light, and you can't rag on them for wanting to put 15 pedals on the board.

Granted, but it makes too much sense to me to not make the board and case separate things like Pro; so much extra weight.

Pedalboard with a lid, it's as good as it gets.

• Members

The pedaltrain pro weighs 7 pounds empty. The case weighs 33+ pounds. About 40 pounds empty. Add pedals you are looking at 75-100 pounds.

:lol::facepalm:

Describe to me how you can fit SIXTY pounds worth of pedals on a PT Pro...I have a Pro and unless you're using bricks for pedals, that figure is ludacris.

• Members

:lol::facepalm:

Describe to me how you can fit SIXTY pounds worth of pedals on a PT Pro...I have a Pro and unless you're using bricks for pedals, that figure is ludacris.

Is that too much? I was just guessing. I have a smaller board but will be going either PT Pro or bigger at 18" x 36". I want to use my Fulltone Deja2; Fulltone Clyde wah; Dunlop Volume pedal; 2 Pedal Power 2's; 2 Loopmaster switchers-a 5 and a 6; 40+ jacks plus wire; and 10-20 other pedals...? I don't know. How much do they weigh? Even 25-30 lbs makes it 65-70lbs in the case.

Archived