OT- We released an album!

• Members

I haven't been around in a while, but while I was gone my band recorded and just released our album.

I'd love to get a sense of what you guys think of it.

www.hmlyn.com

If anyone really wants it, but really just doesn't want to pay for it pm me and I can shoot you a download code. I really just want people to hear it.

Oh, and it's all inspired by the Jungle Book.

• Members

sounds good.. but i only had time to listen to 4 songs.. one was just a string section, the next started like radiohead then turned into folkiohead, and the last two were distorted rock songs!

it's eclectic.. and there's nothing wrong with that, but if you're looking for 'success' i'd probably suggest finding out what the band wants to be and go in that direction. if you want a mix of musical styles and then go for that.. it's not meant as a critical statement.. just thought it was interesting, but potentially limiting.. like, if you're trying to do too much ? :idk:

• Members

sounds good.. but i only had time to listen to 4 songs.. one was just a string section, the next started like radiohead then turned into folkiohead, and the last two were distorted rock songs!

it's eclectic.. and there's nothing wrong with that, but if you're looking for 'success' i'd probably suggest finding out what the band wants to be and go in that direction. if you want a mix of musical styles and then go for that.. it's not meant as a critical statement.. just thought it was interesting, but potentially limiting.. like, if you're trying to do too much ?
:idk:

I think you're absolutely right. The second and last tracks were actually what we started with but as we started writing songs it slowly changed. Unfortunately our lead singer moved to Texas. Once we knew that was going to happen we just focused on what we had to make it solid for an album.

I really hope he moves back because I feel like we were just starting to figure out what our sound was going to be.

Archived