Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: What is your practice routine?

I'm working on improving my playing, so I've put together a practice routine/training regiment that I've been following for a couple weeks now.

It includes daily practicing the Guitar Fretboard Workbook, daily chord excercises, a new song every week (practiced daily to master it), and a weekly TrueFire video.

I'm adding in excercises from the Guitar Compendium: Praxis series.

So far I like it.

What is your training regiment?
    Originally Posted by mdrake34

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

I play until I get frustrated, then I read wikipedia, then I play for an even shorter time and get frustrated, then I go back to wikipedia, then I....
    When I Play Pedal Company: ElectroAudioDestructors.com

Comment

as of right now i'm trying to branch out into other stringed instruments so i try to spend at least a half hour a day on banjo and a half hour on lap steel in C6 and i jam on guitar when i can. As far as guitar i play intervals and sing along trying to really hear how notes work with each other. i do some speed exercises from time to time (not near as much as when i was doing shreddy metal stuff) i learn old songs, jazz progressions, try to find cool substitution chords for standard progressions. i'm over trying to re-invent the wheel. good songs sound good for a reason and i'm trying to harness as many of those good reasons as i can.
      Dead Soldiers

Comment

I usually practice different things depending on the day, and I make sure to step away from practicing every few days. your brain needs time to absorb what it's practiced on the minute level. There are things your fingers do you aren't consciously aware of that the brain picks up. That's why when you practice something intensely, stop for a few days and come back to it you can do it like it's nothing.

I do recommend if you like dvd's, Frank Gambale's Chop builder, Tomo Fujita's Accelerate & More Accelerate Your Playing. I like the first because it takes all that boring stuff, which builds stamina, accuracy, and in turn speed, and makes it musical. I enjoy the second two because it gives you foundations to be your own musician. All my routines are based around these dvds. I'm going to be looking at Paul Jackson Jr.'s Chord instructional because while I know my theory of chords, and how they work together I just want to delve deeper into it.
        www.ChrisBedward.comYoutube

Comment

Pick a bit fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfa pfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapf apfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfa pfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapf apfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfa pfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapf apfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfa pfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapf apfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfa pfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapf apfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfa pfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapf apfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfa pfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapf apfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfa pfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapf apfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap ...

Then pick a bit more and repeat.
          WARNING: TC Electronics Pedals Are NOT REPAIRABLE. Instead of fixing my switch they wanted to charge me $72 plus shipping on a $99 pedal to replace all electronics, when only the switch was defective. This is their blanket repair policy on ALL repairs. They have no replacement switches. The switch is on the board so substituting a different switch can't work. Do not buy pedals from companies that cannot repair their own switches.

Comment

I try to have fun and not think about it as practice
            Originally Posted by Crxsh

Jesus loves a tasty muff.

Originally Posted by Urinate Forever

And wiklund is smart, i'm in agreement with him.

Good deals: Kranak, solewheelin, sixstringshaggy, ZepFuzz05, RockDaJoJo, red_riviera, StratAtak83, Hanglow, woolyh

Comment

I try to have fun and not think about it as practice

First, who said practice couldn't be fun?
              Second, if you don't practice how do you improve and grow?

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

i think i've practiced like twice. i tried learning sweeps properly, so i sweept some triads while watching a season of jerry seinfeld. by the end of the evening i could do it. when i woke up the next morning i could not.

the other time was when i tried to learn a D chord. i did.

Comment

What is your training regiment?

1-507th Parachute Infantry

Comment

I literally don't practise at all, I have no expectation of ever being any better at the guitar
                    Good times rolled with:

WAWBanks, RadioSilence, theboywho, ponch, fruvai, joeyowen, jah_vengeance, sparkfriction, HeartfeltDawn, robw, tvrf21...

I gave stuff to Melx for free and nothing bad happened

(Formerly known as Hides-His-Eyes)

Comment

I'm not a touring or professional musician anymore, so I just play whatever is inspiring at any given moment. Recently I've been in a very creative phase for writing new songs, so practice comes with honing them and getting them to flow naturally and intuitively.

Comment

I just play. I plug in, play, hope I come up with something moderately interesting. If I don't I put it away. I vastly prefer jamming with others to playing alone at home.
                        my band Bloody Mammals on facebook and bandcamp

Comment

I agree with THAT4301 and Lewbz

Comment

Wear scrubs
                            wash hands
                            gloves/gown/mask
                            doublecheck the patient before getting them numb

...a dental practice is pretty boring and predictable....
                            Blind Doc Jones' Pickles....Cures What Ails Ya

Comment

For all of those that imply that they don't practice or that practice is for suckas, here is a question: How did you learn all of your scales? How did you learn difficult songs?

Comment

Working...
                              X