Looking to buy an archtop acoustic..

Hupia

• Members

Id take an Godin 5th Avenue, great Instruments with a very nice quality and sound.

Honestly, i would recommend this, however, when i bought mine, 1 drop on carpet and the guitar's binding had exploded entirely. It's highly compressed laminate as the body wood.

• Members

The Godin 5th Avenue is a one of the few newer guitars that really caught my attention. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find one that was set up worth two {censored}s at GC. They do look beautiful, though.

Don't rule out the old Harmony/Kay/etc archtops, which can usually be found for around $200, but don't be surprised if it needs some work to get it playable. I have a 1940 Harmony archtop that sounds lovely, but the neck has been giving me some issues lately. I attempted reseting the neck a few months ago and the neck more or less just fell apart in the process, which I was kind of expecting but was hoping it wouldn't be the case. Once I get around to getting another fretboard for it, I should be able to get it back up and running.

• Members

thanks for the suggestions so far, guys! having fun looking these up, keep em coming!

and yea, i definitely don't mind having an old beat up one... this will be just for fun and playing around with so, don't mind if it's got a bit too much mojo, as long as it sounds and plays decently

Archived