Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side note: I wonder how much better the USA RI WRHB's are vs the MIJ and MIM ones - neither of which is remotely like the originals in construction or sound.

judging by Fender's website it seems like they're the same exact pickups. They're all branded as Fender
    Good Deals: Hangwire, mhuxtable, Travybear

Comment

Kooool contest, I'd rock any of them
      Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

It
        "Me and a book is a party. Me and a book and a cup of coffee is an orgy."
        - Robert Fripp

Comment

Haha, at first I thought you were serious, now I see your angle.

Angle??? what Angle??? I have no clue what you are talking about.. I'm trying to protect my fellow forumites from telemarketers and spammers....
          Member of the SG Army

Comment

Entered. Would love that '72.

Comment

judging by Fender's website it seems like they're the same exact pickups. They're all branded as Fender

Comment

I thought the Deluxes (thinline or not) had the ShipsRudderHeadStock? No???
                Pretty sure that's just the Deluxe. The Custom and Thinline both have the traditional Tele headstock unless I'm mistaken.
                {For Sale}
                Chandler RH-2 lap steel - $325

Comment

did it, thanks for the heads-up...
                  Also dick swabs suck. a lot.

good deals with: HazeFX

Comment

Won last time. Signed up, let's go 2-for-2!
                    Guitars: PRS, Fender, Gibson, Epi
                    Pedals: Wilson, Danelectro, Monsterpiece, Way Huge, Custom, Line 6
                    Amps: Fender, Ampeg, Egnater

Good deals (70+!)

Comment

Blind Doc Jones' Pickles....Cures What Ails Ya

Comment

Won last time. Signed up, let's go 2-for-2!

Yeah, I don't think they're gonna let me win again for a while either. Want that Cabronita BAD tho!

Comment

I thought the Deluxes (thinline or not) had the ShipsRudderHeadStock? No???
                          My '75 Deluxe sure did :sniff: and damn do I miss that guitar.

I'd be tempted to get out the Dremel and carve up a piece of plexi for a neau-guard...I've got two 70's-era Burny mini-hums (for their Firebird copy) laying around here doing absolutely nothing. They need a home, and that Thinline looks like just the place!

Best wishes to ya, Phil.....but i hope you win the Cab, and I get the Thinline.

:massive huge smilie:

And to you good Doc, and to you!

BTW, we had BBQ burgers for dinner tonight, and busted open the pickles. Holy cow... my wife was praising your pickle! Seriously good stuff! Thank you so much for thinking of me and sharing those. We were all really impressed with how good they are.

Yes, the Deluxe had the over-sized CBS "Strat" headstock instead of the traditional smaller Tele style. However, the 70s era Custom and Thinline have the traditional Tele headstock. Many moons ago, I had hair, and a '73 Thinline:

I'm not entering the contest, so there's zero chance of me winning the Thinline, so best of luck to you on that.

Seriously - I've been sitting here trying to think of some clever way to say thanks for the pickles. They're excellent! hil:

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

My pleasure....I'm glad they found a good home.

One day, I may "go pro" and try to sell them to the boutique market, but it seems like a seriously crazy idea:

- crowded, with so many good piclkers out there.
                            - cutthroat pricing from overseas, giant-factory/slave-labor picklers.
                            - every 'new recipe' seems to be a re-hash of some older recipe.
                            - PicKlones....I ain't horsin around...they copy a good recipe and have it on the shelves and steal yer martketsharez.
                            - and all these homebrewin', amatuer, DIY'er homepicklers....willing to fill their lungs with vinegar steam for no pay at all.

...yeah...crazy talk...who would be involved in a biz like that???
                            Blind Doc Jones' Pickles....Cures What Ails Ya

Comment

Yeah, I don't think they're gonna let me win again for a while either. Want that Cabronita BAD tho!

It was two years ago so... who knows. Statue of limitations on winning? Just won a t-shirt on IGN.com recently so maybe my luck has run out.

... bump?
                              Guitars: PRS, Fender, Gibson, Epi
                              Pedals: Wilson, Danelectro, Monsterpiece, Way Huge, Custom, Line 6
                              Amps: Fender, Ampeg, Egnater

Good deals (70+!)

Comment

• Working...
                                X