Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Vibrotone

A Fender Vibrotone showed up on craigslist today for $500.

Who has one? What's it like? Worth $500?
    Love,
    Matthew

✌ ♥☺

I have a Cordovox CL30, which is a rebranded Vibratone from the late sixties. I bought it on eBay a few years ago for less than $400 shipped. Unfortunately I don't get to use it very often because it is at my parents' house in another state, but I hope to transport it soon.

They sound amazing FWIW. I can't wait to use it all the time

Comment

it IS a Leslie Model 16 and if you want that natural leslie organ sound.. then its awesome.. nothing else can do that as well.

But its bulky and not so easy to use live.

is it worth 500.. yes.

will I lug one around again.. nope.
      the Coolest Guitars Designs since...ever
      www.jbacklund.com

Comment

I'd hit it.

Remember though that the Vibratone / Leslie 16 is only a single rotor system - it's not as complex sounding as running your guitar through a dual rotor (drum / horn) Leslie 122. Still, it's a great sound...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I'd hit it.

Remember though that the Vibratone / Leslie 16 is only a single rotor system - it's not as complex sounding as running your guitar through a dual rotor (drum / horn) Leslie 122. Still, it's a great sound...

exactly, its not "the" leslie sound IMO, but it is a nice rotary sound.

Comment

Had one (Leslie 16) for years. Fun for the basement, horrible for lugging around to shows. Would advise against if that's the intention.
            FS: Digitech Whammey IVOriginally Posted by cryptosonictonight, I reverse mounted the toiletOriginally Posted by OperatorWhat kind of **************************** wears a scarf indoors?

Comment

just get it and then run vocals through it. Happy days!
              Spam:Selling:Nothing.WTB:Catalinbread Merkin FuzzGibson Maestro FZ-1 or amazing clone

Comment

I'd hit it.

haveing used 122s 147s 700s 760s and 825s I can say without any reservations..

Guitars sound TERRIBLE through horns..

the model 16 at least sounds like a guitar should. my biggest problem is its only a 10" speaker. and it can be easily overpowered.
                the Coolest Guitars Designs since...ever
                www.jbacklund.com

Comment

Working...
                X