X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson 70s tribute guitars

http://music.andertons.co.uk/search?w=70s+tribute&nodet=1#page-1

Anyone heard anything about these? I'm curious what the price will be here in the states.

Gibson has gone baked maple crazy since the raid last year, cheap new models all over the place
    Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

I love the baked maple fretboard on my 50's tribute, would love an LP with some mini hums... If these are $850 like the rest of the tributes I may have to snag one.

Edit: Dang, they gave 'er a maple neck too.. Now I'm really intrigued.
      Originally Posted by knobs.

what i really want to do is legally **************** his ass, i know it'll probably be a pretty long procedure but it's going to be worth it.

Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

Pardon my french, but whomever it was who started this and thought it would be "funny" is an ****************************.

My band: Nine Worlds

Spam: Nada
      Trade References

Comment

I tried two and they were varying in quality. Crappy fret work, shotty finish etc.

Neither one felt as solid as my epi les Paul custom.

I'm no fan of the chambered bodies either.
        I trust:duderanimous, wacopacco, CiceroTJones, veil x2, moon shadow, SirJackedFuzz x2, dap99, Stubacca, onyxrhino

VT-40

Comment

I tried two and they were varying in quality. Crappy fret work, shotty finish etc.

Neither one felt as solid as my epi les Paul custom.

I'm no fan of the chambered bodies either.

Where'd you play 'em? They're not even out until sept.

what i really want to do is legally **************** his ass, i know it'll probably be a pretty long procedure but it's going to be worth it.

Pardon my french, but whomever it was who started this and thought it would be "funny" is an ****************************.

Trade References

Comment

woa...that Firebird is just stupid awesome.... I hope I can get the chance to try one out
            Member of the SG Army

Comment

I've been wanting an SG Classic/Tribute for a while...but now these with the minis
              dis ma band: CAPTIONS.This one time, at our bandcamp...

Comment

Where'd you play 'em? They're not even out until sept.

Ah I thought the thread was about the tribute series in general.

I didn't even see the "70s" in the post
                I trust:duderanimous, wacopacco, CiceroTJones, veil x2, moon shadow, SirJackedFuzz x2, dap99, Stubacca, onyxrhino

VT-40

Comment

Gibson, you're doing me right!

Trade References

Comment

Comment

FBI raids will make you do silly things.

...that SG looks fantastic, though. dig the white pickguard.
                      We just spent $64,000 in that bar. We're going to have to get jobs, to cover up the fact that we rob banks.

Comment

Gibson, you're doing me right!

hello nurse!
                        Good deals: papersun, ETI, Sondeladick, RoboPimp, Baxandall, Hangwire, bHz Econo, stratedge09, Blakemore Effects, Goodhonk, Macadood, Subsauce, Shoe Pedals | TGP: cooptone, pedalfrenzy

Originally Posted by IRG:
                        "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

Too bad they can't just do a regular reissue of the Les Paul Deluxe for around that price. As silly as it may sound, the lack of neck binding kills it for me, and if the body binding is half-assed like on the other tribute les pauls it's a double nay as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

^ that

Comment

Heh, the volute returns. Kind of silly when the neck is already made of maple, but hey, the 70s were silly. Might have to check one of these out.
                              I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X