Fuzz factory clone, placement is king :/

• Members

Just had someone build a beautiful fuzz factory clone for me, while it sounds amazing, the whole "I gotta be first your signal chain" is gonna drive me crazy. I have a pretty complicated rig, and try to squeeze this thing first in the chain is gonna be near impossible. Do you guys have any suggestions or hacks to get to it behave and sound the way it's supposed, even when placed after a buffer? I'm a EE, so I understand the idea of input/output impedance, is there anything I could put directly before it that could mimic the impedance of my guitar? Someone recommended to me putting a passive volume pedal right before it, that helped but nowhere near enough. I haven't tried it with my wireless rig yet, but that is certainly buffered, which would make the fuzz factory completely unusable....

• Members

Here's what my current rig is, that I'm trying to add the fuzz factory too:

Highway one strat with Texas specials

1984 aria pro II LP

Sennhesier wireless rig -> this1smyne buffer -> Korg pitchblack -> Boss LS2

Loop 1 of ls2 is Ernieball vp jr into Strymon BlueSky

Loop two is vox wah -> vs Jekyll and Hyde -> TS clone -> clean boost -> sparkle drive -> fulltone Fulldrive 2 -> rat clone -> barber tonepress (comp) -> vs Garagetone trem -> vs h2o chorus -> Eventide Timefactor

Those two loops are mixed together in the LS2 and then go straight out to the amp. The drives in the 2nd loop are all in a truebypass loop, cause they sit on a second board. That way I can use just the first board when I play acoustic. I might lose a couple of drives, I'm evaluating right now, but that's the gist of my rig. Rather complicated. The wireless rig is most definitely buffered, cause just playing into the wireless, out to the fuzz, and then to the amp sounds wicked cruddy.

• Members

Run it off a battery and velcro it to your strap? :p

Here's what my current rig is, that I'm trying to add the fuzz factory too:

Highway one strat with Texas specials

1984 aria pro II LP

Sennhesier wireless rig -> this1smyne buffer -> Korg pitchblack -> Boss LS2

Loop 1 of ls2 is Ernieball vp jr into Strymon BlueSky

Loop two is vox wah -> vs Jekyll and Hyde -> TS clone -> clean boost -> sparkle drive -> fulltone Fulldrive 2 -> rat clone -> barber tonepress (comp) -> vs Garagetone trem -> vs h2o chorus -> Eventide Timefactor

Those two loops are mixed together in the LS2 and then go straight out to the amp. The drives in the 2nd loop are all in a truebypass loop, cause they sit on a second board. That way I can use just the first board when I play acoustic. I might lose a couple of drives, I'm evaluating right now, but that's the gist of my rig. Rather complicated. The wireless rig is most definitely buffered, cause just playing into the wireless, out to the fuzz, and then to the amp sounds wicked cruddy.

• Members

Check this out, it's a simple circuit designed to emulate a guitar's output impedance after a buffered pedal. I think it's exactly what you are looking for. You're an EE so you shouldn't have a problem building this at all.

These actually work really well with the FF. One of my buddies just built a FF clone but added a clean blend with a simple EQ. He had to buffer the beginning of the pedal for the split and used that circuit (or an extremely similar one) right after the input buffer and the pedal works great.

Archived