Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUPEREGO

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six minutes?!? You aint a true droner until you've done at least one 40 minute track...

I like the Super Ego. It's an improvement on the Freeze, but if you already got one of those, the Auto function isn't worth upgrading for.

The ability to layer in latch mode is very good though...

Honestly, just being able to kill the dry signal means a lot, too. I think EHX kinda ****************ed up with the Freeze by not having a knob for the dry level.
    Good spam deals with: claffman, sjaltenb, Gunner Recall, brandnewzo, StratAtak83

Listen to my music:
    House of Spheres - Acoustic/electronic duo playing a blend of seventies fusion, breakbeat, and nu jazz
    Sommy - Fingerstyle acoustic guitar compositions saddled with ambient and post-rock

Originally Posted by n!k

DIGITECH BEFORE DISHONOR

Comment

Also, I love Bill Ruppert's demo of this, but the last one sounds nothing like an Orchestron.

Good spam deals with: claffman, sjaltenb, Gunner Recall, brandnewzo, StratAtak83

Listen to my music:
      House of Spheres - Acoustic/electronic duo playing a blend of seventies fusion, breakbeat, and nu jazz
      Sommy - Fingerstyle acoustic guitar compositions saddled with ambient and post-rock

Originally Posted by n!k

DIGITECH BEFORE DISHONOR

Comment

It does to me.
        I added a phase to make it more "Ye"s like.
        The local music store here in the Chicago suburbs had one when the first came out.
        I would go in and play it all the time.
        It was funky with the big plastic floppy records it would play.
        The bandwidth was limited due to the fact the audio was optical much like the audio track on old 16 mm films.

Comment

so, after playing with this for a week, I have some questions - wondering if the following behaviors are limited to just my pedal or it's just the way it is for all of them. Other superego owners try these settings and let me know your results:

1. in latch mode, with speed set anywhere above 0, gliss anywhere in the lower range, and dry and effect both at noon, I get some latency in the effected signal - it ducks out and brings it back up quickly - almost like a delay then hold.

2. in Auto mode, I find that it won't track all of my notes or strums. It's inconsistent - especially on the lower notes I find I have to pick harder that I usually do for the effect to engage. For example, if I am running through a scale it will miss some of the notes if I don't pick hard enough, like there is some kind of volume threshold on the input in this mode.

Comment

so, after playing with this for a week, I have some questions - wondering if the following behaviors are limited to just my pedal or it's just the way it is for all of them. Other superego owners try these settings and let me know your results:

1. in latch mode, with speed set anywhere above 0, gliss anywhere in the lower range, and dry and effect both at noon, I get some latency in the effected signal - it ducks out and brings it back up quickly - almost like a delay then hold.

2. in Auto mode, I find that it won't track all of my notes or strums. It's inconsistent - especially on the lower notes I find I have to pick harder that I usually do for the effect to engage. For example, if I am running through a scale it will miss some of the notes if I don't pick hard enough, like there is some kind of volume threshold on the input in this mode.

This second part has me concerned: no sensitivity settings. A good gate or envelope filter has them... Where are they here? It will only trigger after passing an (un)certain volume threshold, so this is why it skips notes. Possible internal trimpot? Or use a compressor b4?

Still saving space for it though.
            www.coloringpad.org

Comment

I talked with tech support yesterday. They are checking into issue #1 and getting back to me. As for #2, there is in fact a threshold on the input in auto mode. It will take some getting used to but it's not terrible. A sensitivity knob would be a good idea. I asked if there is a trim pot to control that and they told me there is not.

Also, it appears that it is not just a volume thing. When you roll off your tone it takes considerably harder strumming/picking. So it seems to be triggering on a volume/pick attack threshold.

Comment

Roll off your tone... So the less bright tones also get passed over too, regardless of volume? Hmmm.

I'll try adjusting a LPF and it's envelope control in front of one of these: will post....once I get one.
                www.coloringpad.org

Comment

so when can i ****************ing buy one?
                  great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
                  SG ARMY

Comment

They're available.
                    www.coloringpad.org

Comment

I got mine a week ago, locally
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      {www.dronecloud.org}
                      {www.soniccrayonfx.com}

Comment

I would, then play along to sal records.
                        Good deals: papersun, ETI, Sondeladick, RoboPimp, Baxandall, Hangwire, bHz Econo, stratedge09, Blakemore Effects, Goodhonk, Macadood, Subsauce, Shoe Pedals | TGP: cooptone, pedalfrenzy

Originally Posted by IRG:
                        "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

so, can you guys that also have yours test and see if you get the same behaviors I was describing

Comment

The trigger on the Superego was set to give the best performance using a wide variety of different guitar pickups and playing styles.
                            Its tricky as if the input is set to high it will false trigger.
                            Guitar is a percussive instrument which makes it VERY hard to follow due to all the extraneous noises produced when playing.
                            You can over ride by increasing the input gain with a booster of any kind.
                            Bill

Comment

I would, then play along to sal records.

**************** yeah. Yanni my **************** up.

If I want synth sounds I just plug in my Moog.
                              Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Bill. I put a boost in front of it and it works better.

Comment

Working...
                                X