Srsly thinking guitar purge

• Members

After looking at that picture I took a week or so ago and playing my LP special this weekend I realized that I really only LOVE 4 of my electric guitars. The others are really just there to look at in my case.

I think I'd be happy if I only had my LP special but I think I'm going to hold on to my Hill, Tele and ES-125t. I think the rest can go to good homes where they'll be happily used more than I use them.

I'll probably hold on to my VM Jazzy just because of the paint job my brother did on it.

What is the mysterious reaction in one's brain that makes them become a hoarder? How does this {censored} start? For me I can pinpoint the day that I decided not to sell equipment I buy. I was in my little studio and had sold off my Hiwatt head. I remember thinking why the hell did I do that? I thought from then on I would just keep any equipment I got so I'd have it in the future if I needed it. In hind site that was a bad move.

• Members

You're definitely a hoarder. I've watched like 5 episodes and consider myself an authority on the matter. I'll bring a truck by this afternoon and we can clean that room out and you and your wife can get back to living productive and happy lives.

• Members

After looking at that picture I took a week or so ago and playing my LP special this weekend I realized that I really only LOVE 4 of my electric guitars. The others are really just there to look at in my case.

I think I'd be happy if I only had my LP special but I think I'm going to hold on to my Hill, Tele and ES-125t. I think the rest can go to good homes where they'll be happily used more than I use them.

I'll probably hold on to my VM Jazzy just because of the paint job my brother did on it.

What is the mysterious reaction in one's brain that makes them become a hoarder? How does this {censored} start? For me I can pinpoint the day that I decided not to sell equipment I buy.
I was in my little studio and had sold off my Hiwatt head. I remember thinking why the hell did I do that?
I thought from then on I would just keep any equipment I got so I'd have it in the future if I needed it. In hind site that was a bad move.

that was dumb. but at least you were smart enough to realize how dumb you were.

srsly though, i don't sell anything unless i'm putting toward something else or i need more space.

• Members

lol, I've never owned more than 4 at once. And even then, as soon as I had that many, I immediately got rid of one.

I can ever only really want to play two MAYBE 3 guitars. Anything more than that is just showing off :lol:

So yeah, purge.

• Members

I did that once with pedals. Now, I have double the pedals. :D

{censored} it, pedals are lovely, and my son will get them some day.

Now I have 4 guitars, but still looking for my CAR jazzmaster.

• Members

You have to take the approach of a good chef. He or She looks at the spice rack and then says, "Hey what the f**** is corriander" So go jazzy and just go direct into the amp for a month or so. If after a month you want to puchase an effect or guitar then your mind weill be clear. Its like going to the supermarket hungry...worse time to go to the supermarket. When all else fails....collect baseball cards off and on.

Archived