Anyone using the Eventide pedals live?

LondonSi

• Members

I used a Timefactor live for a while. Never felt like I was doing too much tap dancing when I had it at all. I only had 2 banks set up since I really didn't need that many sounds. I set up my patches where I could scroll between songs to hit which ever delay sound I was needing at the time. I usually just stuck to the first bank 90% of the time though.

• Members

Used the Time and Pitch Factors live many times. Great sounds, easily recalled through the bank system and easily manipulated via the play mode, especially with an Aux switch. What's not to like? You will want the Aux footswitch to fully realise the potential of these pedals, with one there was nothing I needed from a delay that the TF couldn't provide.

• Members

Not any more, but I used a mod and time factor for a while. No uncomfortable tap dancing, just had to be careful about not overshooting a bank - I limited both pedals to about 3 banks of two presets as that was all I needed.

• Members

I love the sounds of the Space Reverb and TimeFactor Delay, but looks like in a live situation it would be a world of tap-dancing? Anyone have any experience of using them?

I have used them in the past for my live setup...used a TimeFactor with my M-9 and my analog pedals in a MIDI loop switcher. If you use MIDI in your pedalboard setup you don't do much tap dancing at all (just for the repeat/hold). It worked great in my setup.

• Members

Yes I was looking at that possibility...using the Space and TimeFactor with a some kind of midi controller, and being able to map different presets on each pedal simultaneously. What midi controller were you using? Shame there's no really great midi overdrive/distortion options, the board could be totally midi!

• Members

Yes I was looking at that possibility...using the Space and TimeFactor with a some kind of midi controller, and being able to map different presets on each pedal simultaneously. What midi controller were you using? Shame there's no really great midi overdrive/distortion options, the board could be totally midi!

Well, there is the TC Electronic Nova Drive which I had for a while. It's a decent sounding two channel overdrive and distortion under MIDI control with 18 presets and VERY flexible routing and if you can find sounds in it you can have a fully functional MIDI board...you can even pick up a Source Audio programmable EQ pedal for even more tonal flexibility. I have one and it's a digital EQ but it actually sounds great.

I use the Musicom Lab MIDI loop switcher. It has 8 audio loops for switching my pedals and a MIDI out for switching my MIDI effects so everything can be controlled as part of a preset...

photo-2-2.jpg

• Members

The Soundblox Pro Classic and Pro Multiwave Distortions both have midi control to change any parameter, as well as changing presets. My favorite trick they do, expression morphing between 2 different presets, can also be controlled by midi.

Also, the M9 & M13 both accept midi switching and midi expression control, so there's basically nothing that can't be midi controlled there...

• Members

Here's my board from back when I was using the Nova Drive...

P1010904.jpg

Wow ... nice... so with that switcher can you program it so that in say Bank 1, Patch 4, you can bring in one of your pedals, setting x from the Nova Drive and setting x from the TimeFactor also? That's basically my dream setup, but I've always wondered how you do it!!

• Members

I have been using the Space on my live board for a while now. At this poInt I have about 7 presets I use heavily. Three of those make use of the hot switch so I can essentially have two sounds available. I organize the bank of presets in song order according to whatever our set list is on any given night. A little foresight and preset planning / building goes a long way. The Eventide pedals are not on the go, tweak friendly.

• Members

Wow ... nice... so with that switcher can you program it so that in say Bank 1, Patch 4, you can bring in one of your pedals, setting x from the Nova Drive and setting x from the TimeFactor also? That's basically my dream setup, but I've always wondered how you do it!!

Yep. I even put the M9 and Timefactor in the loop switcher and I run their outputs into the RJM mixer so that when I change presets the delay and reverb trails continue to trail off when the input of their respective loops are bypassed. You can switch up to 8 loops per preset and it sends at least 3 MIDI program change messages per preset as well so you can fully map whatever MIDI gear you're using. It's a pretty flexible setup.

• Members

Yep. I even put the M9 and Timefactor in the loop switcher and I run their outputs into the RJM mixer so that when I change presets the delay and reverb trails continue to trail off when the input of their respective loops are bypassed. You can switch up to 8 loops per preset and it sends at least 3 MIDI program change messages per preset as well so you can fully map whatever MIDI gear you're using. It's a pretty flexible setup.

Sounds amazing...I would have no idea how to set that up though!!!

Archived