Boomerang Clips, Boomerang Clips, Boomerang Clips...

Teahead

• Members

you get the idea.

Finally landed my new looper last week, here are a few initial clips... link.

ES-330, Pitchfactor, Boomerang 3 and Cornell Plexi 5w, recorded with a Zoom H4.

I was underwhelmed at first, sound quality is excellent but then I expected that. I found the button tapping required to navigate the various options confusing for the first few days. Then I got a better handle on the various looping modes and the options within.

Now, after a half dozen hours messing around, I wouldn't be without this pedal. I chose it over the RC-300, in spite of the lack of storage, because it had nothing I would not use (fx, rhythm tracks etc.) and seemed better suited to my use of a looper.

Any other 'rang owners have tips, hints or clips to share?

• Members

:thu:

Congrats man. I have a Boomerang and couldn't be happier with it in terms of sound quality or ease of use. It's so intuitive for use with live looping and I use it all the time. I even used it in the studio to build all the layers of ambience and noise at the beginning of this track.

http://enskye.bandcamp.com/track/infernus-the-fall

That sounds ominous, dangerous and fabulous, all at once. Can I ask the same question regarding the seam from end to beginning of loop if you don't mind?

• Members

Agree, the more you use and put into this looper the more you'll get from it. Great vids too, as you're using it at the end of the chain with other space effects feeding it, have you tried out the 10ms "bump" removal option? I've yet to try it myself and wonder how it fares?

That sounds ominous, dangerous and fabulous, all at once. Can I ask the same question regarding the seam from end to beginning of loop if you don't mind?

I've never actually tried it. Since I use the Boomerang for more than just ambient stuff I think it's better to stick with the bump for smoothing out transitions. I should give it a test run sometime though.

Archived