Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still mastering the kip pullup, but it isn't the shoulders that generate the momentum or take the abuse. If you push away at the top, it is actually very smooth.

a lot of kipping videos make it seem like there's a 'bounce' at the bottom is all. I might be completely wrong since I just do reg pullups

Comment

Kipping appears to be pullups with really bad form.
      This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

you should check out crossfit deadlifts

Comment

I just watched 3 crossfit deadline training videos. They all seemed fine.

Here's an LSD deadlift:

This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

I felt like a big old ********************. Today we did 3 sets of 21 pull-ups. At first I laughed because, wtf...63 pull-ups? who can do 63 pull-ups? Well, ALL OF THE CHICKS IN MY GROUP DID....

63 real pull ups?

No ****************ing way.
            Originally Posted by Tom Fucherheigen

He is an adult now, but he is a child in the trousers.

Originally Posted by clay sails

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Comment

Not knocking the idea if going to a gym to stay in shape or anything...But do you guys work from behind a desk all day every day, or do you want to get super buffed, or do you eat really unhealty, or is it something else...?

I may be blessed with a good metabolism, I don't know, and I'm not saying I'm athletic...But my job basicly burns the calories I take in, and I'm a pretty big beer/food user

I would think that'd be the case for most other peope too, right? I guess the fact that I'm in my early 30s might make a difference too though, I suppose ten years from now I'll have a harder time burning fat than now...

I started going to the gym a month ago. I'm 35, 6'1" and 145 pounds. You ought to try a day membership. It was awfully humbling going into the gym and realizing how out of shape I was that first day. I never would have guessed. I'm still not in shape, just better shape than I was a month ago. I couldn't imagine trying Crossfit at this point.
              My band: http://facebook.com/indiandoom

Originally Posted by christianatl

It's new butt **************** day.

Happy?

Originally Posted by misterstomach

i don't know if i'd want to go on tour if i wasn't going to do anything i could get arrested for.

Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

If there is only a few dB diference between 30 and 100 watts then it works both ways, why are you getting on my **************** for using a 100 watt amp when a 30 watt amp is practically just as loud just has less balls?

Comment

I started going to the gym a month ago. I'm 35, 6'1" and 145 pounds.

Holy sheet, I'm 6ft and 205lbs and not fat at all. You must have a seriously quick metabolism.

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Comment

even watching kipping makes my shoulders hurt.

how old are you? you sound like you might be skinnyfat

I'm 32. Not sure exactly how you'd define "skinnyfat", but if it means having a small beer belly and not having a real athletic build, than yeah I'm borderline skinnyfat I guess Nothing that can't be fixed by cutting down on fat and sugar, and with the occasional half hour run...Right?

My point was, that daily crossfit sessions or similar hardcore workouts, seem a bit overkill if you're "skinnyfat" and just want to stay in shape or lose a couple pounds...

Comment

Skinny fat

Comment

You've said that a couple of times, but what is "good" form? If your goal is to isolate your back muscles, kipping pullups don't do that as well as a dead-hang. . Kipping pullups are a full body exercise. Also, kipping pullups are much more efficient than dead-hang pullups. If your goal is functional fitness, doing the full body workout that improves your efficiency is totally the way to go. If you want to isolate and build your back, dead-hangs are the way to go.

Also, dead-hangs aren't "good" form, they are just a different exercise, related, but different.
                      Originally Posted by mdrake34

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

what part of crossfit involves you rubbing yourself on other people? I train in bjj and have never caught staph although I always wash immediately after rolling.

You just start kipping for little while. Then you're like, "I got this." Then blammo, yer dead. RIP youthful prince.

SB

Comment

I'm 32. Not sure exactly how you'd define "skinnyfat", but if it means having a small beer belly and not having a real athletic build, than yeah I'm borderline skinnyfat I guess Nothing that can't be fixed by cutting down on fat and sugar, and with the occasional half hour run...Right?

My point was, that daily crossfit sessions or similar hardcore workouts, seem a bit overkill if you're "skinnyfat" and just want to stay in shape or lose a couple pounds...

Well can you define 'stay in shape' because you sound 'out of shape'. Running is great and all but takes a backseat to (heavy) weight lifting, high interval intensity training and diet. Not all athletic people are ripped either.

Comment

You just start kipping for little while. Then you're like, "I got this." Then blammo, yer dead. RIP youthful prince.

SB

I get irreverent humor and all but still don't understand how you got a staph infection from crossfit.

Comment

63 real pull ups?

No ****************ing way.

yes way
                              NEW STUFF FOR SALE! NOW WITH MORE FEELING!

Originally Posted by big_cat

hands down the most valuable forumite

Originally Posted by big_cat

I'm partly serious and fully erect.

Comment

I love crossfit deadlifts. absolutely no pressure on your lower back, using your core, gluts and thighs all the way through. seems much safer to me.

over the past few years I've just seen a lot of videos where people were trying to lift weights to heavy for them 'for reps'. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Comment

Working...
                                X