Collapse
No announcement yet.

first day of crossfit...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't appear to be working any different muscles, still lats, shoulders and biceps. It just seems to involve controlled swinging to get er up.
    This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

It really is difficult learning to control your body in that way. It requires a lot of muscles and creates a total body workout
      NEW STUFF FOR SALE! NOW WITH MORE FEELING!

Originally Posted by big_cat

hands down the most valuable forumite

I'm partly serious and fully erect.

Comment

What other muscles is it working besides lats, shoulders, and biceps? I can see that the abs might be tensed, but they're not contracting. No chest, triceps, legs, or lumbar muscles are working, so I don't think it can be considered a total body workout.
        This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

Pull-ups are actually way more of a core strength/core test than the world thinks. Like I said, I have skinny bitch arms and can do around 35 pull-ups. The kip helps to strengthen the **************** out of core muscles in training. I used to have to kip a lot to do 10, then got stronger and my ten became perfect, so I kipped my way to 20 and got stronger and so on...

The idea is to be able to complete the full range of motion and keep the heart rate up throughout the workout, instead of just doing 5 perfect ones and getting off. Getting to the point of muscle failure and going as far as possible can do great things for the body.
          Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

Nice.

I've puked from Crossfit before.

I just started a Keto diet.
            http://rosecassidy.bandcamp.com

Comment

It doesn't appear to be working any different muscles, still lats, shoulders and biceps. It just seems to involve controlled swinging to get er up.

We can talk until the cows come home, but you'd be better off just giving it a try. Controlling your body movement requires a lot of core strength.
              Originally Posted by mdrake34

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

...MUST...RESIST...

Hahaha, bit of a +1. I am sick of my friends who work out referring to my friends who don't work out as 'bitches'.......
                Great deals w/ placebo62, candletears7

Originally Posted by EL KABONG

just cause Aussies cant have guns (=no freedom) doesnt mean other people cant have them either.

Originally Posted by Naterel

Those meatballs came out right

But that rocket ship is ****************ed up

Comment

Jesus am I going to grow hooves???

Nah, it will just keep those palms smoothed out and even.

To address the kipping pullup thing, definitely not a cheating method. You're still going through the full range of motion (elbows locked out at the bottom to chin over the bar) but in a shorter amount of time. It's doing more work faster, which equals more power. If someone is hanging for dear life on the side of a cliff, they aren't going to sit there and do a strict pullup, you would do whatever you have to do to get your body up. We do strict pullups in crossfit as well, in the form of weighted pullups or L pullups. It's good to be proficient at both!
                  youtube
                  music

Comment

Nice.

I've puked from Crossfit before.

I just started a Keto diet.

nice bro. i lost 50 lbs on keto. it's great IMO.
                    good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
                    soundcloud
                    facebook

Comment

Keto diets aren't healthy. They work by keeping carbs out of the diet, so that they body has to rely on fat cells for all its energy production. The body, including the brain, prefers carbs for fuel. Without that, thinking gets fuzzy, and people tend to get more irritable than when on a low fat, moderate carb, moderate protein diet. Initially, people see the most gains on a keto diet, and they get excited. That initial drop in weight though, in the first couple weeks, isn't about fat loss. Instead, what is happening is that carbs hold water, and without carbs in the system, there is a great reduction in water weight. Once carbs are reintroduced in the system, weight goes up, as water weight goes up.
                      This sig space for rent

Comment

From another thread, but this is my foot as of yesterday. Surgery a week ago, healing nicely. Looks worse than it is. But the swelling will take 6 months or so. Need something with low impact. Is p90x low impact?

Don't do P90X.

BTW, the guy in the video doing 50 pullups seems to have terrible form. Barely gets the chin over the bar.
                        Guitars: PRS, Fender, Gibson, Epi
                        Pedals: Octophant, Wilson, Danelectro, Monsterpiece, Way Huge, Custom, Line 6
                        Amps: Egnater, Ampeg

Good deals (70+!)

Comment

Keto diets aren't healthy. They work by keeping carbs out of the diet, so that they body has to rely on fat cells for all its energy production. The body, including the brain, prefers carbs for fuel. Without that, thinking gets fuzzy, and people tend to get more irritable than when on a low fat, moderate carb, moderate protein diet. Initially, people see the most gains on a keto diet, and they get excited. That initial drop in weight though, in the first couple weeks, isn't about fat loss. Instead, what is happening is that carbs hold water, and without carbs in the system, there is a great reduction in water weight. Once carbs are reintroduced in the system, weight goes up, as water weight goes up.

you're almost right

i've been on it for 10 months and have been consulting my doctor throughout. we've both done a great deal of research on the subject. my blood pressure and cholesterol are now well within healthy ranges. i sleep much better, i'm more productive at work. i can run for miles now.

the mental fuzziness and irritability are only during the transitional phase, the "keto flu". after 3 weeks or so, i felt better than i ever had, and that includes when i was on low fat diets.
                          good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
                          soundcloud
                          facebook

Comment

did you puke ?
                            Originally Posted by Player99

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

Originally Posted by eco1

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

I felt like a big old pussy. Today we did 3 sets of 21 pull-ups. At first I laughed because, wtf...63 pull-ups? who can do 63 pull-ups? Well, ALL OF THE CHICKS IN MY GROUP DID....

i dont believe it. i can do like 10 pullups at a time

dude want to just list your full crossfit training sched on here and we can all participate together? oke:
                              YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

It's all available online.

In other news, I'm so sore today, I'm considering being put down
                                NEW STUFF FOR SALE! NOW WITH MORE FEELING!

hands down the most valuable forumite

I'm partly serious and fully erect.

Comment

Working...
                                X