Souldier Straps...

erksin

Recently I was looking around at different strap makers and figured out that hippie straps uses some of the exact same patterns as souldier. I have no idea about the quality of either, I just found it interesting. I love the look of both.

That fabric is a jacquard weave. Ace used to use it back in the 60s and 70s and into the early 80s. You could get those straps practically anywhere at one point, and for cheap - $5-10 or so. Tons of musicians have used Ace straps, and certain patterns and colors are associated with famous players who used them.

There have been a ton of different woven fabric designs, and apparently they must have made a ton of it. Companies like Souldier and Hippie Strap purchase the remaining stocks of the woven fabric and make new straps from it. If you look around hard enough, the raw fabric is out there too. It's not always easy to find - especially in the more popular patterns and colors - but it's out there.

• Members

That fabric is a jacquard weave. Ace used to use it back in the 60s and 70s and into the early 80s. You could get those straps practically anywhere at one point, and for cheap - $5-10 or so. Tons of musicians have used Ace straps, and certain patterns and colors are associated with famous players who used them.

There have been a ton of different woven fabric designs, and apparently they must have made a ton of it. Companies like Souldier and Hippie Strap purchase the remaining stocks of the woven fabric and make new straps from it. If you look around hard enough, the raw fabric is out there too. It's not always easy to find - especially in the more popular patterns and colors - but it's out there.

Good info, thanks! :phil:

• Members

I have a hippie on my suhr and Lucky's (http://www.luckyguitarstraps.com/) on my other two. both are great quality, though the hippie is stiffer feeling than the luckies. I will never buy a hippie strap ever again, took like 8 weeks to get mine, very poor customer service.

Solideruers seem nice but I think I'll stick to Levy's from now on. http://www.levysleathers.com/product;cat,881;item,945;New-for-2012-M8HTV

1/3 of the price and made in {censored}in can-dana.

Archived